AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
The update is available through Software Update and is a 17.4MB download. Apple recommends that all users running OS X Lion update to the latest version. Changes in Mac OS X 10.7.1, according to Apple, include:
- Addresses an issue that may cause the system to become unresponsive when playing a video in Safari
- Resolves an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out
- Improves the reliability of Wi-Fi connections
- Resolves an issue that prevents transfer of your data, settings, and compatible applications to a new Mac running OS X Lion
The software update contains additional fixes for users running Apple's latest MacBook Air and Mac mini hardware, released last month. For those users, the latest update:
- Resolves an issue where MacBook Air may boot up when MagSafe Adapter is attached
- Resolves an issue causing intermittent display flickering on MacBook Air
- Resolves an issue that causes the SD card slot in Mac mini to run at reduced speed with SD and SDHC media
Interestingly, test builds of Mac OS X 10.7.1 were not issued to developers prior to Tuesday's release. Developers were only given Mac OS X 10.7.2 for testing the forthcoming iCloud service.
The Lion 10.7.2 build issued to developers was not known to address any of the outstanding issues or glitches that were found in the initial release of Lion. It is not known why the company did not provide its Apple Developer Connection members with a pre-release beta of Mac OS X 10.7.1.