This week on AI: Apple Car's California driver license, Qualcomm countersues & more
Some of the most interesting news actually came towards the end of the week, when Apple was revealed to have a permit to run self-driving cars on California roads. Industry maneuvers with Toshiba and Qualcomm also made headlines, along with news of more green energy entering the Apple supply chain.
Everything you need to know:
- Apple will be testing self-driving Lexus SUVs in California > >
- Future Apple Watches may have glucose sensors > >
- Qualcomm hit Apple with a countersuit over patent royalties > >
- Apple might invest 'several billion' in Toshiba alongside a Foxconn offer > >
- Three more Apple suppliers are using renewable energy > >
- 2019 iPhones might use custom-designed power chips > >
- Embedded Touch ID sensors may be hindering "iPhone 8" development > >
For in-depth discussion of this week's hottest stories, listen to the AppleInsider podcast. Subscribe here, or stream the embed below:
A roundup of all of our hottest stories this week:
AppleInsider has affiliate partnerships and may earn commission on products purchased through affiliate links. These partnerships do not influence our editorial content.