This week on AI: Apple's 'iPhone 8' September-bound, record share prices & more
Leaks about the "iPhone 8" became a flood, perhaps the most important one suggesting that the phone will indeed ship in September, alongside a "7s" and "7s Plus." It was also a record week for Apple on the stock market, as its shares briefly topped $160 apiece.
Everything you need to know:
- The "iPhone 8" could launch in September in three colors > >
- Its facial recognition may tie into Apple Pay, third-party apps and more > >
- It may also be able to unlock a phone sitting on a desk with a simple glance > >
- The U.S. International Trade Commission is considering whether to block some iPhone imports > >
- Some Chinese developers have leveled an antitrust complaint over Apple's App Store policies > >
- Apple released its fourth public betas of iOS 11, tvOS 11, and macOS High Sierra > >
- Apple shares set an all-time trading record for the company > >
For in-depth discussion of this week's hottest stories, listen to the AppleInsider podcast. Subscribe here, or stream the embed below:
A roundup of all of our hottest stories this week:
AppleInsider has affiliate partnerships and may earn commission on products purchased through affiliate links. These partnerships do not influence our editorial content.