This week on AI: Apple Watch 'Series 3,' Apple's $1B Hollywood war chest, Charlottesville fallout & more
Some of the most interesting news of the week revolved around this fall's Apple Watch "Series 3," which may get LTE, but not a new look. Apple also appears to have big Hollywood plans — if not quite as big as HBO or Netflix.
Everything you need to know:
- The next Apple Watch may offer LTE data, but no radical redesign > >
- The product should ship before Christmas > >
- Apple could spend up to $1 billion on TV shows in the coming year > >
- CEO Tim Cook put his company's money where his mouth is following the battle at Charlottesville > >
- Apple hired former WGN America president Matt Cherniss to its original video team > >
- New public betas of iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra are out > >
- The "iPhone 8" may be coming in a copper-like "blush gold" color > >
For in-depth discussion of this week's hottest stories, listen to the AppleInsider podcast. Subscribe here, or stream the embed below:
A roundup of all of our hottest stories this week:
AppleInsider has affiliate partnerships and may earn commission on products purchased through affiliate links. These partnerships do not influence our editorial content.