AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
Apple announces a new documentary, "9/11: Inside the President's War Room" to be released on BBC One and Apple TV+ in September.
The documentary special will tell the story of 9/11 through the eyes of the presidency in the 12 hours after the attack. It will be narrated by Jeff Daniels and provide unique insight into the dilemmas of those involved through first-hand accounts.
Testimony will be included from:
- President George W. Bush
- Vice President Dick Cheney
- Condoleezza Rice (national security advisor)
- Colin Powell (secretary of state)
- Andy Card (chief of staff)
- Dan Bartlett (director of communications)
- Rear Admiral Deborah Loewer (head of Situation Room)
- Josh Bolten (deputy chief of staff)
- Ari Fleischer (press secretary)
- Karl Rove (senior advisor to the president)
- Mary Matalin (advisor to Cheney)
- Karen Hughes (special advisor to the president)
- Mike Morrell (CIA briefer)
- Ted Olson (solicitor general)
- Colonel Mark Tillman (Air Force One pilot)
- David Wilkinson and Tony Zotto (Secret Service)
There will also be over 200 never-before-seen photographs of the events throughout the day as Bush and Cheney dealt with the tragedy. Filmed archive footage will also be included in the documentary.
"9/11: Inside the President's War Room" hails from an award-winning team including Grierson and Royal Television Society Award-winning director Adam Wishart, Emmy Award-winning creative producer Simon Finch and BAFTA Award-winning executive producer Neil Grant.
The special documentary will air on BBC One and Apple TV+ in September. Customers can subscribe to Apple TV+ for $4.99 per month or via any tier of Apple One.
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too. If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.