AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
There's so much to look forward to in iOS 16 and more, but there's also time on this AppleInsider Podcast episode to look back so fondly at the iPhone on its 15th birthday.
Then at least a year or two away, there's the promise of TSMC manufacturing even more powerful 3nm processors — and all that could bring to future Apple devices.
Right now, we can also enjoy our new favorite MagSafe chargers, reveal tips about how best to keep devices charged for when you need them. Plus a brief look at what you need to travel with your Apple gear, and an even briefer tip about how to pronounce Gloucestershire.
You never know when that knowledge will come in useful. But you can possibly guess where.
And 15 years ago, we thought we knew the iPhone was going to be good, but we had no clue it was going to change the world. On the 15th anniversary of when it went on sale in the US, it's time to deeply dive into nostalgia and relish both our first iPhones and the journey we've all been on since.
Plus we get to wonder whether anyone reminisces about Android phone in quite the same way.
Contact your hosts
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts
Links from the show
- M2 MacBook Air could hit shelves on July 15, with preorders on July 8
- 13-inch MacBook Pro with M2 review: Incremental upgrade and unexciting
- Replace the dying MacBook Pro Touch Bar with these alternatives
- Text Case
- TextSoap - Automate Your Text Cleanup
- Apple Silicon's M2 Pro may shift to 3nm process in late 2022
- iPad mini 7 probably won't get ProMotion, says display analyst
- Anker USB C Charger 40W
- Apple MagSafe Duo Charger
- Apple MagSafe Battery Pack : Cell Phones & Accessories
- Best iPad travel accessories for summer 2022
- 3-in-1 travel charger w/ MagSafe from Mophie
- QuarkXPress 2022
- Brazil joins fight to make USB-C standard on iPhone
- Check out an early iPhone prototype worth $500k on the 15th anniversary
- Apple's iPhone came out 15 years ago and changed the world
- The Great macOS Wallpaper Bracket
- Very Necessary Reactions Messages App
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too. If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.
Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast — and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.
If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.