Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 01:18 pm PT (04:18 pm ET)
Apple seeds fourth beta of OS X 10.8.5 Mountain LionApple on Wednesday provided its development community with the fourth beta build of OS X 10.8.5, a forthcoming maintenance and security update for its Mountain Lion operating system.
People familiar with the software said the latest build is identified as 12F20. It has no known issues.
Developers have once again been asked to focus their testing on graphics, PDF viewing, Wi-Fi, and wake from sleep functionality.
So far, beta releases for OS X 10.8.5 have arrived on a weekly schedule, with the first beta being issued to developers on June 19.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple issues first OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks beta to developers with Safari seeds in tow
- Russian government asks Apple to hand over source code amid spying concerns
- Apple, Inc's double digit U.S. Mac growth contradicts IDC & Gartner reports of a Mac sales slump
- Public beta launch nearly doubles OS X 10.10 Yosemite adoption despite download issues
- Apple makes first OS X Yosemite public beta available on the Mac App Store