Apple seeds fourth beta of OS X 10.8.5 Mountain LionApple on Wednesday provided its development community with the fourth beta build of OS X 10.8.5, a forthcoming maintenance and security update for its Mountain Lion operating system.
People familiar with the software said the latest build is identified as 12F20. It has no known issues.
Developers have once again been asked to focus their testing on graphics, PDF viewing, Wi-Fi, and wake from sleep functionality.
So far, beta releases for OS X 10.8.5 have arrived on a weekly schedule, with the first beta being issued to developers on June 19.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Trade-in coupon: $20 cash bonus when you trade in your old Mac ahead of rumored 2016 MacBook Pros
- LEGO rolls out Macs in the workplace to meet growing employee demand
- IBM deploying 1,300 Macs per week, Apple users need much less support than PC counterparts
- Quicken releases 2017 updates for Mac & iOS personal finance apps
- Adobe issues Flash updates to deal with 'critical' security holes