Apple pushes iOS 9.2.1 beta 2 to developersApple on Monday released the second beta version of iOS 9.2.1, giving registered developers another look at the next iteration of the mobile operating system for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
iOS 9.2.1 beta 2 carriers build number 13D14. The release comes three weeks after the first beta appeared, itself carrying build number 13D11.
The small increment between build numbers could indicate that a public release is near, or that the company is working to address only a small number of issues in what is expected to be a maintenance and security release.
iOS 9.2 was released in mid-December, bringing with it a number of changes. Enhancements to Apple Music, Apple News, Mail and iBooks were joined by support for the new Lightning-to-SD Card reader released with the iPad Pro.
On Topic: iPhone
- First video of functional Lightning EarPods hits the web
- Apple's iPhone falls from 3rd to 5th in China smartphone marketshare
- Hyundai adds Apple CarPlay to 2017 Sonata & Tucson
- Secure WhatsApp found to not be completely eradicating chat transcripts
- Nest app updates with Thermostat control from Apple Watch, expanded camera options