Apple pushes iOS 9.2.1 beta 2 to developersApple on Monday released the second beta version of iOS 9.2.1, giving registered developers another look at the next iteration of the mobile operating system for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
iOS 9.2.1 beta 2 carriers build number 13D14. The release comes three weeks after the first beta appeared, itself carrying build number 13D11.
The small increment between build numbers could indicate that a public release is near, or that the company is working to address only a small number of issues in what is expected to be a maintenance and security release.
iOS 9.2 was released in mid-December, bringing with it a number of changes. Enhancements to Apple Music, Apple News, Mail and iBooks were joined by support for the new Lightning-to-SD Card reader released with the iPad Pro.
On Topic: iPhone
- China beats iOS App Store records in Sept. quarter with $1.7B in revenue
- Apple's website leaks hints of impending Apple Pay support in Germany
- iPhone 7 made up 43% of Apple's US iPhone sales in Q3, data says
- Qualcomm's iPhone 7 Plus modem beats Intel modem in areas with weak signal
- Apple's iPhone leads in JD Power satisfaction survey of US carrier customers