Apple pushes iOS 9.2.1 beta 2 to developersApple on Monday released the second beta version of iOS 9.2.1, giving registered developers another look at the next iteration of the mobile operating system for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
iOS 9.2.1 beta 2 carriers build number 13D14. The release comes three weeks after the first beta appeared, itself carrying build number 13D11.
The small increment between build numbers could indicate that a public release is near, or that the company is working to address only a small number of issues in what is expected to be a maintenance and security release.
iOS 9.2 was released in mid-December, bringing with it a number of changes. Enhancements to Apple Music, Apple News, Mail and iBooks were joined by support for the new Lightning-to-SD Card reader released with the iPad Pro.
On Topic: iPhone
- Hermes Edition Apple Watch launches; iPhone 7, Apple Watch arrive in more countries
- Apple partners with Flipkart for online iPhone 7 sales in India
- Recall of dangerous Samsung Galaxy Note 7 yields a half-million exchanges in US
- Wide iPhone 7 availability expected at Apple retail by Oct. 8, international freight logjam to blame
- Apple's iPhone 7 camera delivers nice slice of enhancements, but iPhone 7 Plus takes the cake