This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, Victor and William talk through the latest news about the naming of the rumored iPhone Xs Max, a higher resolution Apple watch, and Eddy Cue's alleged falling asleep on the job.
AppleInsider editor Victor Marks and writer William Gallagher discuss:
- New iPhones coming soon! And amazingly, the pricing for them seems to be the same as last year's lineup. William is excited by the notion that the larger screen model could be priced the same as last year's iPhone X model, which represents a savings.
- The names of the rumored iPhones are beginning to creep out. iPhone Xs appears to be the name, with the name Max taking the place of Plus. How'd that work out for Google? Doesn't matter much, but Victor can definitely see Phil doing the announcement.
- The Apple Watch might use a higher resolution display. William thinks you use it to pack more in, and takes issue with the alleged leaked screen and some of the complications on it.
- Apple's content VP's appear to have gone shopping at the Toronto International Film Festival. This is an excellent festival to sign content deals at, but we're still speculating a little on how Apple will distribute what it buys.
- Allegedly, Eddy Cue has fallen asleep in at least two meetings and treated Siri performance as a boring item. In light of last week's episode where we learned a bit about how Apple works, this is kind of a big deal. William is concerned for Cue's health.
- Evernote could be in trouble, having lost both CTO and CFO in recent days -- and looking for funding at the same time. William talks about his attempts to export his data out.
We like reader email -- send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- Incoming 2018 iPhone lineup tipped to cost the same as current models
- Apple predicted to call 2018 flagship iPhone model 'iPhone Xs Max'
- Apple Watch 'Series 4' might use bigger 384x480 resolution
- Apple seen hunting movie acquisitions at festival
- Apple exec Eddy Cue 'overextended,' falling asleep in meetings
- Evernote might be in trouble, so here's how to get your notes out of it completely and safely
Follow our hosts on Twitter: @WGallagher and @vmarks.
Feedback and comments are always appreciated. Please contact the AppleInsider podcast at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow us on Twitter @appleinsider, plus Facebook and Instagram.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at email@example.com.