We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
Last minute iMac and Mac mini rumorsWith less than 24 hours to go before Apple is scheduled to host a Mac-related media event on its campus, several small tidbits regarding new iMac pricing and the fate of the Mac mini have surfaced.
According to one source, Apple has issued to suppliers three new iMac price points for models that are expected to be immediately available following their introduction on Tuesday.
Apple currently offers two 17-inch iMac configurations (for $999 and $1199, respectively), a 20-inch configuration for $1499, and a high-end 24-inch configuration for $1999. However, the new pricing information suggest Apple will drop one configuration and sell just three models at $1199, $1499 and $1799.
Mac mini rumors
Meanwhile, there are unconfirmed last minute reports that Apple may extend the life of the Mac mini by squeezing another slight revision from the petite desktop's existing architecture.
According to those reports, such a move would be accompanied by significant price drops that would allow the forgotten Mac to linger for several more months as an extremely low cost, low performance offering.
Finally, there are also rumblings that a new version of iLife will indeed see some attention on Tuesday (possibly encompassing a new version of iWork to form a more compelling solution).
As with all last-minute rumors, AppleInsider recommends taking this information with a grain of salt and waiting out the last few hours to hear the official word from Apple.
On Topic: General
- Spotify reportedly engaging SoundCloud in advanced buyout negotiations
- Apple partners with leading business service provider Deloitte for enterprise IT
- Second man pleads gulity in 'Celebgate' hacks of iCloud & Gmail accounts
- Apple to house 1,400 employees at London's restored Battersea Power Station starting in 2021
- First look: DJI touts Mavic Pro drone's compact design, spotlights continued partnership with Apple