Apple Student Discount
Apple offers several student discounts and deals when shopping for a device for college. These deals offer instant savings on hardware, with a free pair of AirPods or even AirPods Pro 2 with a qualifying purchase of a Mac or iPad, but only during certain times of the year.
Shoppers should also pay attention to deals from Apple resellers, as many times limited-time specials and coupon savings meet or beat Apple's own prices, and inlcude discounts on AppleCare as well. These deals do not require a student to be enrolled in college, making it an easy way for parents to pick up a device that can be used by the entire family — or even educators looking for learning tools within the classroom.
2024 Student Discounts
As back-to-school shopping heats up, so do the deals. Below is a comprehensive list of offers, many do not require student status. Wondering which Mac to buy? Check out our comprehensive MacBook buyer's guide for back-to-school.
Featured Software Deals
Discounts are going on now on Microsoft Office. If you aren't eligible for the free version for students and educators, check out the offer below.
- Save $150 on the 2023 M3 14-inch MacBook Pro with promo code APINSIDER
- MacBook Air: Save an extra $100 to $200 on M1 & M2 models, plus $20 off AppleCare, with promo code APINSIDER
- Mac Studio: Save up to $200 on the powerful desktop Mac, plus $30 off AppleCare, with discount code APINSIDER
- M3 iMac: Save $100, plus $30 off AppleCare, with coupon code APINSIDER
- M2 iPad Pro: Save up to $100 on select 11-inch and 12.9-inch tablets, plus $29.01 off AppleCare, with promo code APINSIDER
Amazon Prime Student program is perfect for students heading back to class. From free food delivery to discounts on snacks and groceries, Prime Student offers an abundance of deals, with a free 6-month trial available to new members.
- Apple electronics sale at Amazon
B&H EDU Advantage
B&H has partnered with Unidays to offer discounts on thousands of items for students and teachers, including Apple computers. It's free to sign up and the portal even offers expert help to pick out the best MacBook for education. Students can even use B&H Photo's Payboo Card to save on sales tax or secure special financing, and most orders even include free shipping.
Aggressive B&H deals for AI readers:
- Save $1,100 on a 16.2" M1 Max MacBook Pro with 32GB RAM and 1TB SSD storage
- Save $300 on a mid 2022 13.3" M2 MacBook Pro with 24GB RAM and 512GB SSD storage
- Save $1,400 on a 14" M1 Max MacBook Pro 64GB RAM and 2TB SSD storage
- Take $200 off the new 14" M3 MacBook Pro with 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD storage
- Take $300 off the early 2023 14" MacBook M2 Pro with 32GB RAM and 512GB SSD storage
Apple Student Discount
Save on a qualifying Mac or iPad with an education discount.
Current and newly accepted college students, as well as teachers and education staff at all levels, are eligible for the following deals:
For years Apple has given student customers a free set of headphones with the purchase of an eligible device like an iPad or Mac. In previous years, Apple would even give students the choice between several different Beats by Dre headphones.
In 2021, Apple gave college students a free set of AirPods for buying an eligible device. These popular earbuds normally cost $159, or $199 with a wireless charging case.
Apple allows customers to upgrade from AirPods to AirPods Pro with a $90 upcharge as well.
In 2022, Apple changed the offer from free AirPods to a gift card valued at up to $150 with select Macs and iPads. In 2023, Apple reverted back to free AirPods with an eligible Mac or iPad purchase, with the deal ending March 13, 2023.
Exclusive AppleCare Savings at Adorama
- Applecare for Apple Pro Display XDR: $100 off with code APINSIDER
- AppleCare for 16-inch MacBook Pro (Late 2021): $80 off with code APINSIDER
- AppleCare for M2 13-inch MacBook Pro: $50 off with code APINSIDER
- AppleCare for M1 MacBook Air: $40 off with code APINSIDER
- AppleCare for iMac: $30 off with code APINSIDER
- AppleCare for Mac mini: $20 off with code APINSIDER
- AppleCare for iPad mini: $12 off with code APINSIDER
Apple Student Discounts on AppleCare+
Students purchasing eligible products can get AppleCare+ at a 20% discount during Apple's 2024 Back To School promotion. This doesn't extend to other devices purchased that are not eligible for back-to-school discounts.
AppleCare+ acts as an extended warranty for devices, so if the device's screen breaks or case is damaged it can be repaired for a small service fee. Otherwise, out-of-warranty repairs can cost hundreds of dollars.
Students who want to take advantage of the 20% discount can only receive the discount during the Back To School promotion period. Even if the device remains eligible for AppleCare+ after the period ends, the discount will no longer be valid.
Outside of Apple's annual Back To School sale, the company offers standard discounts on its hardware. The discount varies from device to device and applies even when upgrades are made before purchase.
- The Mac mini is normally $599 and costs $499 for students [M2 Mac mini Price Guide]
- The MacBook Air is normally $1,199 and costs $1,099 for students [M2 MacBook Air Price Guide]
- The M1 MacBook Air is normally $999 and costs $899 for students [M1 MacBook Air Price Guide]
- The MacBook Pro is normally $1299 and costs $1199 for students [M2 MacBook Pro 13-inch Price Guide]
- The iMac is normally $1299 and costs $1249 for students [M1 iMac Price Guide]
- The Mac Studio is normally $1,999 and costs $1,799 for students [Mac Studio Price Guide]
- The iPad Pro is normally $799 and costs $749 for students [M2 iPad Pro 11-inch Price Guide]
- The iPad Air is normally $599 and costs $549 for students [iPad Air Price Guide]
- The 10.2-inch iPad is normally $329 and costs $309 for students [iPad 9th Generation Price Guide]
- The iPad mini is normally $399 and costs $379 for students [iPad mini Price Guide]
Student Media Services Discounts
Students can receive discounts on their Apple Music subscription as well. Qualifying students can attach their education discount to their Apple ID and pay only $4.99 per month for Apple Music.
Students who subscribe to Apple Music can also receive Apple TV+ for free as a limited offer. These are the single plans of the services and do not extend into a family group.
The student Apple Music pricing and free Apple TV+ last only as long as the Apple ID remains registered as a student account. If Apple ends the promotion, then the Apple student discount will only end once the subscription lapses.