Wednesday, August 29, 2007, 07:40 am PT (10:40 am ET)
Apple adds television programming to iTunes Store in the UKApple announced Wednesday that hit television programming from ABC Studios, Disney Channel, MTV, Nickelodeon and Paramount Comedy is now available for ٟ.89 an episode from the iTunes Store in the UK.
iTunes customers can choose from a wide range of popular primetime programming including the Emmy Award-winning series "Lost," "Desperate Housewives," "Greys Anatomy," "Ugly Betty" and locally-produced UK series such as MTVs "Barrio 19," Nickelodeons "Genie in the House" and Paramount Comedys "Comedy Blue." The iTunes Store in the UK currently offers 28 television programs for purchase and download which can be viewed on a PC or Mac, fifth generation iPod, or on a widescreen TV with Apple TV.
"Were thrilled to bring TV programming to the iTunes Store in the UK," said Eddy Cue, Apples vice president of iTunes. "Weve got 28 shows and expect to continue to add more great programming."
The complete list of television programming on the iTunes Store in the UK includes:
- Disneys ABC Studios dramas and comedy-dramas "Lost," "Desperate Housewives," "Greys Anatomy," "Ugly Betty," "Commander in Chief" and "Nightstalker;"
- Disney Channels renowned childrens programming including "Jake Long: American Dragon," "Kim Possible," "Thats So Raven," "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" and Playhouse Disney titles "Handy Manny," "Little Einsteins" and "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse;"
- MTVs reality favorites "Pimp My Ride," "Barrio 19," "Bams Unholy Union," "Laguna Beach," and "My Sweet Sixteen;"
- Nickelodeon childrens programming "Avatar: The Legend of Aang," "Drake and Josh," "Dora the Explorer," "Genie in the House" and "SpongeBob SquarePants;" and
- Paramount Comedy hits "South Park," "Comedy Blue," "Jongleurs Unleashed: Part I," "That 70s Show" and "The World Stands Up."
Pricing & Availability
iTunes 7 for Mac and Windows includes the iTunes Store and is available as a free download from Apple's website. Purchase and download of songs and videos from the iTunes Store requires a valid credit card from a financial institution in the country of purchase. Television shows are available in the US and UK only, and video availability varies by country. Television shows are £1.89 per episode in the UK. TV shows from the iTunes Store are downloaded in near-DVD quality at a resolution of 640x480 (up to 480, depending on the aspect ratio) and can be viewed on a computer, fifth generation iPod or widescreen TV with Apple TV.
On Topic: General
- Apple expanding AppleCare+ warranties internationally, now available in Mexico & Sweden
- Apple patents smart navigation routing with crowd-sourced stop light pattern recognition
- Microsoft uses Apple's Siri to prop up Windows' new 'Cortana' virtual assistant
- Apple drops cross-appeal of final judgment in Samsung lawsuit, no longer seeks permanent injunction
- Apple expected to buy personalized talk radio app Swell for $30 million