Apple sells one millionth iPhoneApple said Monday that it sold its one millionth iPhone yesterday, just 74 days after its introduction on June 29.
One million iPhones in 74 days — it took almost two years to achieve this milestone with iPod, said Apple chief executive Steve Jobs. We cant wait to get this revolutionary product into the hands of even more customers this holiday season.
Apple, which slashed the price of the handset by $200 last Wednesday, has said it hopes to sell 10 million units by the end of 2008.
On Topic: General
- Apple to reportedly bolster iAd user targeting with phone numbers and emails
- Apple researching device waterproofing via vapor deposition, silicone seals
- Judges skeptical Apple suffered irreparable harm from Samsung patent infringement
- Judge approves $415M settlement in 'no-poach' class-action case involving Apple, Google, others
- Yerba Buena Center getting 'Spring Forward' makeover for Monday's Apple Watch event