Monday, September 10, 2007, 06:00 am PT (09:00 am ET)
Apple sells one millionth iPhoneApple said Monday that it sold its one millionth iPhone yesterday, just 74 days after its introduction on June 29.
One million iPhones in 74 days — it took almost two years to achieve this milestone with iPod, said Apple chief executive Steve Jobs. We cant wait to get this revolutionary product into the hands of even more customers this holiday season.
Apple, which slashed the price of the handset by $200 last Wednesday, has said it hopes to sell 10 million units by the end of 2008.
On Topic: General
- Apple's mysterious 2-story structure at site of Sept. 9 event drives frenzy even further
- Apple announces Sept. 9 event for expected 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' unveiling: 'Wish we could say more'
- Apple wins patent for Steve Jobs-designed Fifth Ave glass cube
- LG and Samsung announce new smartwatches ahead of Apple's anticipated 'iWatch' reveal [u]
- Judge denies Apple injunction against Samsung devices in second California patent trial