Monday, September 10, 2007, 09:00 am
Apple sells one millionth iPhoneApple said Monday that it sold its one millionth iPhone yesterday, just 74 days after its introduction on June 29.
One million iPhones in 74 days -- it took almost two years to achieve this milestone with iPod, said Apple chief executive Steve Jobs. We cant wait to get this revolutionary product into the hands of even more customers this holiday season.
Apple, which slashed the price of the handset by $200 last Wednesday, has said it hopes to sell 10 million units by the end of 2008.
On Topic: General
- Steve Jobs discusses his legacy in rare 1994 video interview
- Solar charging stations with Apple Lightning & 30-pin connectors come to New York
- Briefly: Jony Ive's title at Apple shortened to 'SVP of Design'
- DOJ e-books trial: Apple's Cue explains 'agency' contracts and pricing, denies culpability
- Skype Video Messages come to Apple's iOS, OS X