Monday, September 10, 2007, 06:00 am PT (09:00 am ET)
Apple sells one millionth iPhoneApple said Monday that it sold its one millionth iPhone yesterday, just 74 days after its introduction on June 29.
One million iPhones in 74 days — it took almost two years to achieve this milestone with iPod, said Apple chief executive Steve Jobs. We cant wait to get this revolutionary product into the hands of even more customers this holiday season.
Apple, which slashed the price of the handset by $200 last Wednesday, has said it hopes to sell 10 million units by the end of 2008.
On Topic: General
- Apple's Beats sues Steven Lamar for claiming 'cofounder' status to sell new headphones
- Apple reports all iCloud services down for some users worldwide [ux2]
- GoPro's new iPhone-connected Hero4 wearable camera captures 4K video at 30fps
- Apple quality control manager responsible for iOS 8.0.1 also tied to Maps app debacle
- FBI director says iOS and Android privacy features put users 'above the law'