Monday, September 10, 2007, 06:00 am PT (09:00 am ET)
Apple sells one millionth iPhoneApple said Monday that it sold its one millionth iPhone yesterday, just 74 days after its introduction on June 29.
One million iPhones in 74 days — it took almost two years to achieve this milestone with iPod, said Apple chief executive Steve Jobs. We cant wait to get this revolutionary product into the hands of even more customers this holiday season.
Apple, which slashed the price of the handset by $200 last Wednesday, has said it hopes to sell 10 million units by the end of 2008.
On Topic: General
- Apple expanding AppleCare+ warranties internationally, now available in Mexico & Sweden
- Apple patents smart navigation routing with crowd-sourced stop light pattern recognition
- Microsoft uses Apple's Siri to prop up Windows' new 'Cortana' virtual assistant
- Apple drops cross-appeal of final judgment in Samsung lawsuit, no longer seeks permanent injunction
- Apple expected to buy personalized talk radio app Swell for $30 million