Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 02:25 pm PT (05:25 pm ET)
Apple issues iTunes, QuickTime, Front Row, iMovie updatesTo support iTunes movie rentals and other features, Apple has rolled out a bevy of new patches for its media playback tools. Also, the firm has slipped in an iMovie fix.
iTunes 7.6 and QuickTime 7.4
Both iTunes 7.6 and QuickTime 7.4 have been made available to support Apple's new iTunes Movie Rentals service.
All are available now for Mac OS X and require Panther or later.
Front Row 2.1.2
For Mac OS X Leopard systems, Front Row 2.1.2 adds compatibility with the latest version of iTunes. It also applies several bug fixes, Apple says.
In addition to its playback-related updates, Apple has also issued iMovie 7.1.1.
The patch specifically resolves problems with sending movies to a .Mac Web Gallery. It also improves the video editing software's stability and several other minor issues.
On Topic: Software
- Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac launches with OS X 10.10 Yosemite support, speed boosts, more
- Microsoft to release free version of OneNote for Mac later this month - report
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro with Mac Pro optimizations
- Adobe releases Lightroom 5.3 with holiday discount, updates Camera Raw 8.3
- New Adobe Lightroom and Camera Raw release candidates fix bugs, add camera support