Apple to report second-quarter results April 23Apple said this week it will announce results from its second fiscal quarter of 2008 ended March on Wednesday, April 23rd.
The results will be made public following the close of the stock market, and Apple executives will field questions from analysts and members of media in a subsequent conference call at approximately 5:00 p.m. Eastern time.
Historically, Apple's second quarter has be its weakest of the year due to seasonal trends. The three-month period spanning January through March falls between the traditionally lucrative holiday shopping frenzy and the early back-to-school buying season.
On average, Wall Street analysts are expecting the Cupertino-based company to report per-share earnings of $1.05 on revenues of $6.92 billion, fueled by sales of approximately 10.8 million iPods, 1.95 million Macs, and 1.6 - 2.0 million iPhones.
During its fiscal first quarter conference call in January, Apple management guided conservatively towards per-share earnings of $0.94 on revenues of $6.8 billion.
In recent weeks, several analysts have increased their forecast for the March quarter beyond consensus and guidance figures, saying they expect the company to benefit from continued momentum in Mac sales and favorable commodity prices.
On Topic: Investor
- Shares of Apple don't reflect significance of iPhone Upgrade Program, Piper Jaffray says
- Buyers skew towards higher-capacity iPhones, iPhone Upgrade Program shows early popularity
- Pessimistic, questionable iPhone supplier rumor sends shares of Apple further downward
- Apple to reveal fiscal Q4 2015 earnings on Oct. 27
- Apple's record setting iPhone 6s launch weekend impresses Wall Street