Apple to report second-quarter results April 23Apple said this week it will announce results from its second fiscal quarter of 2008 ended March on Wednesday, April 23rd.
The results will be made public following the close of the stock market, and Apple executives will field questions from analysts and members of media in a subsequent conference call at approximately 5:00 p.m. Eastern time.
Historically, Apple's second quarter has be its weakest of the year due to seasonal trends. The three-month period spanning January through March falls between the traditionally lucrative holiday shopping frenzy and the early back-to-school buying season.
On average, Wall Street analysts are expecting the Cupertino-based company to report per-share earnings of $1.05 on revenues of $6.92 billion, fueled by sales of approximately 10.8 million iPods, 1.95 million Macs, and 1.6 - 2.0 million iPhones.
During its fiscal first quarter conference call in January, Apple management guided conservatively towards per-share earnings of $0.94 on revenues of $6.8 billion.
In recent weeks, several analysts have increased their forecast for the March quarter beyond consensus and guidance figures, saying they expect the company to benefit from continued momentum in Mac sales and favorable commodity prices.
On Topic: Investor
- Apple adds $50B to capital return program, to distribute $200B by 2017
- Apple sells blockbuster 61M iPhones, nets $13.6B profit in record March quarter
- Brean Capital kicks off coverage of Apple stock with $160 price target
- Earnings preview: Wall Street expects 57M iPhones shipped in a record March quarter for Apple
- Apple's 'fundamentally different' iPhone 6 expected to buck seasonal sales trends