Thursday, July 10, 2008, 05:00 am PT (08:00 am ET)
Apple's MobileMe push service now liveApple early Thursday morning switched on MobileMe, its new Internet service that delivers push email, push contacts and push calendars from the MobileMe service in the "cloud" to native applications on iPhone, iPod touch, Macs and PCs.
MobileMe completely replaces Apple's previous-generation .Mac service, as such, all existing .Mac subscribers will find under their Software Update a MobileMe Updater application that will changes all ".Mac" references in existing software to "MobileMe" or ".me.com" references.
"The Mac OS X Update For MobileMe is recommended for users running Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 and includes general system fixes that enhance your Mac for MobileMe," the company said.
Additional information on MobileMe is available at Apple's MobileMe website or via AppleInsider's MobileMe topics page.
Some screenshots of MobileMe and a complete rundown of its features were previously published.
On Topic: Software
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro with Mac Pro optimizations
- Adobe releases Lightroom 5.3 with holiday discount, updates Camera Raw 8.3
- New Adobe Lightroom and Camera Raw release candidates fix bugs, add camera support
- Review: 1Password 4 for Mac makes managing all your passwords easy and secure
- Adobe refreshes Photoshop, Premiere Elements with two new versions