Apple's MobileMe push service now liveApple early Thursday morning switched on MobileMe, its new Internet service that delivers push email, push contacts and push calendars from the MobileMe service in the "cloud" to native applications on iPhone, iPod touch, Macs and PCs.
MobileMe completely replaces Apple's previous-generation .Mac service, as such, all existing .Mac subscribers will find under their Software Update a MobileMe Updater application that will changes all ".Mac" references in existing software to "MobileMe" or ".me.com" references.
"The Mac OS X Update For MobileMe is recommended for users running Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 and includes general system fixes that enhance your Mac for MobileMe," the company said.
Additional information on MobileMe is available at Apple's MobileMe website or via AppleInsider's MobileMe topics page.
Some screenshots of MobileMe and a complete rundown of its features were previously published.
On Topic: Software
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 15 for Mac with new automated tools
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac released with macOS Sierra support, Toolbox app
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14 for Mac with new tools