Apple's MobileMe push service now liveApple early Thursday morning switched on MobileMe, its new Internet service that delivers push email, push contacts and push calendars from the MobileMe service in the "cloud" to native applications on iPhone, iPod touch, Macs and PCs.
MobileMe completely replaces Apple's previous-generation .Mac service, as such, all existing .Mac subscribers will find under their Software Update a MobileMe Updater application that will changes all ".Mac" references in existing software to "MobileMe" or ".me.com" references.
"The Mac OS X Update For MobileMe is recommended for users running Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 and includes general system fixes that enhance your Mac for MobileMe," the company said.
Additional information on MobileMe is available at Apple's MobileMe website or via AppleInsider's MobileMe topics page.
Some screenshots of MobileMe and a complete rundown of its features were previously published.
On Topic: Software
- Parallels Desktop 11 launches with support for El Capitan, Windows 10, Cortana and more
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 13 for Mac with new editing tools
- Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac launches with OS X 10.10 Yosemite support, speed boosts, more
- Microsoft to release free version of OneNote for Mac later this month - report
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro with Mac Pro optimizations