Apple Snow Leopard purported packaging pictures shownPhotos claiming to be shots of the final box art for Apple's upcoming operating system, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, have been posted, suggesting the product could be very close to retail.
The photos, sent to MacRumors, show what is alleged to be the Portuguese packaging and disc art. The art on the disc is consistent with the OS install icon found on the reported Golden Master of the software, Mac OS X 10.6 build 10A432.
The box art includes a white background with a picture of a snow leopard, the same image on the product's disc. The front includes the slogan, in Portuguese, "The world's most advanced operating system. Perfectly optimized." The back of the box boasts 64-bit processor support and compatibility with Microsoft Exchange.
Last week, the alleged Golden Master was seeded to Apple developers. This as sources have given great detail on the Snow Leopard installation process. Some rumors have suggested that the OS could go on sale on Friday, August 28, but AppleInsider has received no evidence to support these reports.
To create Snow Leopard, Apple said its engineers focused on refining 90 percent of the more than 1,000 projects in Mac OS X. Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard is priced at $29 for the single user license and $49 for the five-license family pack. Also available are Mac OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard ($499), Snow Leopard, iWork and iLife ($169) and the five-license family pack, iWork and iLife ($229).
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Anticipating WWDC 2016: What's in store for Apple's Macs and OS X
- Pixelmator for Mac gets new Quick and Magnetic selection tools, Retouch extension for Photos
- Apple drops new betas for OS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.3, and tvOS 9.2.2
- Apple might let users unlock Mac via Touch ID on iPhone with OS X 10.12
- Leaked screens show Siri in Apple's upcoming OS X 10.12 with always-on 'Hey Siri'