Tuesday, June 08, 2010, 12:00 am
Apple readies iTunes 9.2 release alongside iOS 4Apple is reportedly nearing the release of iTunes 9.2, with the developer beta now labeled a Golden Master seed.
The new iTunes 9.2 includes a variety of new features and improvements, many of which are related to supporting devices running the new iOS 4, which will ship June 21 as a free update for the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod touch.
Developer report the release adds media sync support for the new iPhone 4, as well as support for syncing iBooks to other iPhone and iPod touch models running iOS 4 and the new iBooks 1.1 app.
iTunes 9.2 also expands iBook app sync support to include the organizing and syncing of PDF documents, which the new version of iBooks will add support for alongside ebooks.
App organization also adds support for the new Folders feature in iOS 4, and the new release also speeds up the backup process when syncing an iPhone or iPod touch upgraded to iOS 4. The release also adds general performance updates to make scrolling through lists of media significantly faster.
On Topic: iTunes
- Penguin agrees to $75M settlement in Apple iBooks price fixing lawsuit
- Editorial: Apple's billions are building an empire for the future
- Gameloft's Gangstar Rio, N.O.V.A. 3 go free on iOS for a limited time
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 with new MiniPlayer, improved Songs View
- Google's All Access music streaming service to take on Spotify, Pandora