iCloud Beta site reveals new web-based Notes, RemindersApple's iCloud Beta site on Monday was updated with web versions of the iOS apps Notes and Reminders and joins the two other beta-labeled additions to iCloud.com, Calendar and Find My iPhone.
The web-based Notes is much like the iOS app seen in landscape mode on the iPad complete with skeuomorphic leather and paper flourishes. According to MacRumors, users can write, read and edit notes with changes being pushed down to iOS devices associated with the iCloud account.
Reminders has been taken out of the legacy Calendar web app and now sports its own dedicated icon on the iCloud homepage. The web asset again looks much like the iPad version and offers the same functionality with changes synced across all devices.
As noted by an intrepid AppleInsider reader, an interesting change to both the iOS and web-based iterations of Find My iPhone is the addition of a battery meter in the top right corner of the device details window as seen below.
Apple is expected to be rolling out access to the revamped iCloud alongside the upcoming release of iOS 6 sometime this fall which will bring system-wide Facebook integration and a host of new features.
On Topic: General
- As Apple nears $200B in cash, U.S. Senators once again propose a repatriation tax break
- Apple tops Louis Vuitton, Gucci as the gift of choice among China's wealthy
- FCC says broadband-class connections must offer at least 25Mbps download speeds
- iTunes Connect bug logs developers into random Apple account, displays wrong apps
- TracFone will pay $40 million to settle unlimited data beef with the FTC