Apple's latest OS X 10.8.3 beta provided to developersA seventh beta of OS X 10.8.3, Apple's forthcoming maintenance and security update for the Mountain Lion operating system, was supplied to developers on Wednesday.
People familiar with the latest pre-release software said it is identified as build "12D54." Any changes that may have been made to the software from its previous release are unknown.
Its release comes just over a week after Apple provided the last beta of Mountain Lion. That test software contained only minor changes from the previous build.
In earlier builds, developers have been asked to focus their testing on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.
Apple's latest betas have touted a new "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility" that retrieves new seeds through Software Update. When new builds are provided, Apple sends out notifications to install the update via the Mac App Store.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Dropbox says OS X 10.10.1 Yosemite update resolves crashing issue, urges download
- Apple issues first OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite beta to developers for testing [u]
- Adobe announces Lightroom 5.7 with new Aperture and iPhoto importer tool, Black Friday subscription pricing
- Google launches first 64-bit Chrome Web browser for OS X
- Apple's OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 update improves Wi-Fi reliability, fixes Mail bugs, more