Apple's latest OS X 10.8.3 beta provided to developersA seventh beta of OS X 10.8.3, Apple's forthcoming maintenance and security update for the Mountain Lion operating system, was supplied to developers on Wednesday.
People familiar with the latest pre-release software said it is identified as build "12D54." Any changes that may have been made to the software from its previous release are unknown.
Its release comes just over a week after Apple provided the last beta of Mountain Lion. That test software contained only minor changes from the previous build.
In earlier builds, developers have been asked to focus their testing on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.
Apple's latest betas have touted a new "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility" that retrieves new seeds through Software Update. When new builds are provided, Apple sends out notifications to install the update via the Mac App Store.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple adds Notification Center widget, enhances syncing performance in iTunes 12.1 update
- Apple's OS X 10.10.2 update fixes Wi-Fi connection issues, improves iCloud, patches security holes
- OS X 10.10.2 will fix years-old Thunderbolt hardware vulnerability
- Adobe acknowledges critical remote vulnerability in Flash, exploits already in the wild
- How to safely move your Mac's iPhoto library onto an external drive