Apple's latest OS X 10.8.3 beta provided to developersA seventh beta of OS X 10.8.3, Apple's forthcoming maintenance and security update for the Mountain Lion operating system, was supplied to developers on Wednesday.
People familiar with the latest pre-release software said it is identified as build "12D54." Any changes that may have been made to the software from its previous release are unknown.
Its release comes just over a week after Apple provided the last beta of Mountain Lion. That test software contained only minor changes from the previous build.
In earlier builds, developers have been asked to focus their testing on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.
Apple's latest betas have touted a new "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility" that retrieves new seeds through Software Update. When new builds are provided, Apple sends out notifications to install the update via the Mac App Store.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Adobe reverses course, says Metal support in After Effects 'one possibility' [u]
- Apple issues second public beta of OS X El Capitan 10.11.1
- OS X El Capitan still exposed to vulnerabilities in Gatekeeper & Keychain, researchers say
- First look video: Split View, new Mission Control in Apple's OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Apple releases OS X 10.11 El Capitan with Safari 9, new Spotlight search, Split View, more