Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 12:16 pm PT (03:16 pm ET)
Apple's latest OS X 10.8.3 beta provided to developersA seventh beta of OS X 10.8.3, Apple's forthcoming maintenance and security update for the Mountain Lion operating system, was supplied to developers on Wednesday.
People familiar with the latest pre-release software said it is identified as build "12D54." Any changes that may have been made to the software from its previous release are unknown.
Its release comes just over a week after Apple provided the last beta of Mountain Lion. That test software contained only minor changes from the previous build.
In earlier builds, developers have been asked to focus their testing on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.
Apple's latest betas have touted a new "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility" that retrieves new seeds through Software Update. When new builds are provided, Apple sends out notifications to install the update via the Mac App Store.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Developer adoption of OS X Yosemite beta nearly 4x that of Mavericks
- Flash flaw could allow attackers to steal browser data on Macs, Adobe issues fix
- Apple provides developers with third beta releases of iOS 8, OS X Yosemite [u]
- Apple ends AIM logins with legacy Mac IDs for OS X 10.7.1, found affecting newer OS X versions as well
- Apple's 'Photos' for OS X to come with pro-level image search, editing, plugins, more