Tim Cook to attend State of the Union Address with Michelle ObamaIt was announced on Monday that Apple CEO Tim Cook will be attending President Barack Obama's State of the Union address as a guest of First Lady Michelle Obama.
Joining Cook as a guest of the First Lady will be military families, individuals who have been affected by gun violence and Bobak Ferdowski from the Mars Curiosity rover team, among others, reports the Contra Costa Times.
Cook's invitation comes after Laurene Powell Jobs, widow of late Apple cofounder Steve Jobs, attended the State of the Union last year. in that address, President Obama pointed to the tech guru's ingenuity as an example of the best and brightest America has to offer.
President Obama's first State of the Union address for his second term in office will be held on Tuesday beginning at 7 p.m. Eastern.
On Topic: General
- Energy consumption concerns loom over Apple's proposed Irish data center
- Google preps self-driving car facility near Detroit as Chrysler partnership ramps up
- China's Xiaomi shows off new $460 4K camera drone
- Apple supplier Foxconn replaces 60,000 workers with robots
- Microsoft set to axe nearly 2,000 jobs in bid to 'streamline' smartphone biz