Tim Cook to attend State of the Union Address with Michelle ObamaIt was announced on Monday that Apple CEO Tim Cook will be attending President Barack Obama's State of the Union address as a guest of First Lady Michelle Obama.
Joining Cook as a guest of the First Lady will be military families, individuals who have been affected by gun violence and Bobak Ferdowski from the Mars Curiosity rover team, among others, reports the Contra Costa Times.
Cook's invitation comes after Laurene Powell Jobs, widow of late Apple cofounder Steve Jobs, attended the State of the Union last year. in that address, President Obama pointed to the tech guru's ingenuity as an example of the best and brightest America has to offer.
President Obama's first State of the Union address for his second term in office will be held on Tuesday beginning at 7 p.m. Eastern.
On Topic: General
- IBM reportedly plans to purchase up to 200K MacBooks for employees
- Facebook completes first full-scale drone for spreading Internet access to remote regions
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Watch at Best Buy, rumored iPads, Steve Jobs movies & an Apple car
- Apple could be held liable for supporting terrorism with strong iOS encryption, experts theorize
- Apple inks deal for first major office space in San Francisco