Google+ for iOS gets photo editing, filters in updateGoogle on Monday rolled out an update for the iOS version of its Google+ social networking app, introducing basic photo editing and Instagram-like filters, as well as a few other additions.
The new version of Google+ for iOS brings the sort of "retro" filters popularized by competing social networking apps like Instagram. Users can also rotate and crop their photos before sharing them to their Google+ accounts.
The improved photo editing options are likely an outgrowth of Google's acquisition of Snapseed, an image editing application with iterations across both PC and mobile platforms.
The update also brings a new profile design, notifications tray, and the ability to control the volume of posts displayed in a user's stream from individual circles and communities. Users can also filter search results by the most relevant or most recent and send friends invitations to communities.
Version 4.3.0 of Google+ for iOS is available as a free download in the App Store. The 28.6MB download is compatible with iPhones, iPads, and iPods running iOS 5.1 or later.
On Topic: Google
- Google Wallet adds Touch ID support, Amazon brings Goodreads to Kindle for iOS
- Google's 'Physical Web' answer to Apple's iBeacons gets first hardware partner
- Apple's blockbuster winter quarter boosted by cheap oil, dinged by strong dollar
- Google's new Web series 'Route 85' aims to help developers make iOS apps using Google SDKs
- Ford drops Microsoft's Windows Embedded, enabling support for Apple's CarPlay, Android Auto