Google+ for iOS gets photo editing, filters in updateGoogle on Monday rolled out an update for the iOS version of its Google+ social networking app, introducing basic photo editing and Instagram-like filters, as well as a few other additions.
The new version of Google+ for iOS brings the sort of "retro" filters popularized by competing social networking apps like Instagram. Users can also rotate and crop their photos before sharing them to their Google+ accounts.
The improved photo editing options are likely an outgrowth of Google's acquisition of Snapseed, an image editing application with iterations across both PC and mobile platforms.
The update also brings a new profile design, notifications tray, and the ability to control the volume of posts displayed in a user's stream from individual circles and communities. Users can also filter search results by the most relevant or most recent and send friends invitations to communities.
Version 4.3.0 of Google+ for iOS is available as a free download in the App Store. The 28.6MB download is compatible with iPhones, iPads, and iPods running iOS 5.1 or later.
On Topic: Google
- AI 'drivers' will gain same legal status as human drivers in autonomous vehicles, NHTSA rules
- Google taking Nexus smartphone program in more iPhone-like direction - report
- Google launches dedicated AdWords app for iOS
- Google's Android revenue $31 billion over OS's entire lifetime, Oracle lawyer says
- Google paid Apple $1B to be default iOS search bar provider in 2014