Monday, March 25, 2013, 10:17 am PT (01:17 pm ET)
Google+ for iOS gets photo editing, filters in updateGoogle on Monday rolled out an update for the iOS version of its Google+ social networking app, introducing basic photo editing and Instagram-like filters, as well as a few other additions.
The new version of Google+ for iOS brings the sort of "retro" filters popularized by competing social networking apps like Instagram. Users can also rotate and crop their photos before sharing them to their Google+ accounts.
The improved photo editing options are likely an outgrowth of Google's acquisition of Snapseed, an image editing application with iterations across both PC and mobile platforms.
The update also brings a new profile design, notifications tray, and the ability to control the volume of posts displayed in a user's stream from individual circles and communities. Users can also filter search results by the most relevant or most recent and send friends invitations to communities.
Version 4.3.0 of Google+ for iOS is available as a free download in the App Store. The 28.6MB download is compatible with iPhones, iPads, and iPods running iOS 5.1 or later.
On Topic: Google
- While 91% of Apple users run iOS 7, five different versions of Android hold 10%+ share
- Lawsuit claims Steve Jobs, senior Apple directors hurt company with anti-poaching row
- Apple's iOS, Google's Android grow to 96.4% of smartphone market as competitors shrink, IDC says
- Surveillance leak shows spyware loves Android, but can't infect Apple's iPhones without jailbreak
- Al-Qaeda prefers Android over Apple's iOS