Apple now selling refurbished redesigned 27" iMacs at over $400 off listThe Online Apple Store is now selling refurbished versions of the newly redesigned 27-inch iMac, with a variety of configurations offering savings of up to $400 off retail pricing.
The thin all-in-one desktops made their debut on Apple's "Special Deals" webpage on Monday, as five different configurations of the late 2012 iMac replaced outgoing models originally released in 2011. There is one older 27-inch version left, which has been discounted by 20 percent.
Currently, the Online Apple Store has one entry-level 27-inch iMac with a 2.9GHz Quad-core i7 processor, 8GB of RAM and a standard 1TB hard drive for $1,529, representing a 15 percent savings equaling $270 off list.
Jumping up to the higher-end version, there are two 3.2GHz models available. The first has 8GB of memory, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX and 1TB HDD, while the other comes with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB Fusion Drive. Pricing is $1,699 and $2,079, or $300 and $420 off, respectively.
Finally, the top-of-the-line 3.4GHz model comes in two configurations, one with 8GB of RAM, GeForce GTX 675MX and 1TB HDD for $1,869, while the most expensive refurbished iMac swaps in a 1TB Fusion Drive and a GeForce GTX 680MX with 2GB graphics card for $2,199.
Those looking to buy a brand new 27-inch iMac can find deep discounts by visiting AppleInsider's Mac price guide.
On Topic: iMac
- Early Black Friday: Apple's current 15" MacBook Pro for $1,699 ($300 off), 27" iMac 5K for $2,299 ($200 off), 13" MacBook Air for $889 ($110 off)
- Deals: Free Apple Magic Trackpad and 25-100% off AppleCare with each MacBook, Mac Pro and non-Retina iMac
- Review: Apple's 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display
- Killer Deal: Free AppleCare with all iMac 5Ks & Mac Pros plus $50-$275 instant discounts, tax savings
- Save $50 on all iMac Retina 5Ks plus get a 3-Year AppleCare Protection Plan for free