RunKeeper gains Pebble support, Boingo Wi-Finder adds App Store subscriptionsPopular iOS fitness tracker RunKeeper was updated on Tuesday to add support for the Pebble smart watch. And Boingo's Wi-Finder now offers users the ability to subscribe to its Wi-Fi hotspots directly through an in-app purchase.
With its latest update, RunKeeper for iPhone has gained the ability to track runs when paired with a Pebble smart watch. Those who have the wrist accessory can view stats while working out, and also pause and resume RunKeeper right from their wrist.
Version 3.3 also adds support for new languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Brazilian, Portuguese, and Japanese. The latest update also includes various improvements and bug fixes.
RunKeeper version 3.3 is a 20.9-megabyte download for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, and is optimized for iPhone 5. It requires iOS 5.0 or later.
A new update for Boingo Wi-Finder released on Tuesday grants users the ability to buy a Boingo subscription directly from the application, using Apple's App Store in-app purchasing protocol. Access to Boingo's Wi-Fi hotspots is available for $7.99 per month, and the iTunes subscription will automatically renew until canceled.
Like all other App Store purchases, Apple takes a 30 percent cut of all in-app purchases and subscriptions. Boingo Mobile subscriptions purchased directly through the company cost $7.95 per month.
Boingo Wi-Finder version 5.3.0051 is an 11.5-megabyte download compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It's optimized for the iPhone 5, and requires iOS 5.0 or later.
On Topic: App Store
- Firefox for iOS preview launches in New Zealand, to hit App Store by year's end
- Apple launches new gaming-centric Twitter account ahead of expected Apple TV refresh
- Judge denies Apple a retrial in Smartflash suit, but upholds decision to toss $533M damages against Apple
- Facebook, casual games dominate list of most popular iOS apps of all time
- LinkedIn overhauls mobile & Web messaging functions, Instagram makes enhancements to Direct