Best Buy, Amazon knock 10% off Apple's MacBook Airs & iMacs for Mother's DayWeekend discounts on Apple's personal computer family continue this month, as Apple works with partners like big-box retailer Best Buy to push sales of Macs in the face of weak global demand, and a bearish outlook for the consumer PC business in general.
Both Best Buy and Amazon have cut MacBook Air prices by $100 and iMac prices by $150 for Mother's Day. They represent the lowest prices ever on the new 21-inch iMac models, and the lowest overall prices on MacBook Airs since January. Both deals are expected to end late Saturday and are valid on Apple's standard retail SKUs.
For custom configurations with more memory and storage, MacMall is offering AppleInsider readers an addition 3% off its already reduced pricing when you use the links in our Apple Price Guides and then apply Promo code APPINSDRMWB38717 on the MacMall product page. The same coupon code works on all MacBook Airs and MacBook Pros sold by MacMall, with the exception of some closeout models. It's also worth noting that B&H, which resumes taking orders at 9:15 PM EDT this evening, has joined Best Buy and Amazon in further discounting some models and therefore currently offers the best pricing for all MacBook Airs that are bundled with 3-years of Apple Care, according to our AppleCare Price Guide.
On Topic: iMac
- French Apple iPhone, iMac bludgeoner given six-month suspended jail sentence, fined
- Apple might debut 'MagSafe-like' USB-C adapter with redesigned MacBook Pro line
- New Apple event invite recalls original Macintosh, iMac introductions
- Suspect 27" iMac model with Intel Kaby Lake pops up at Best Buy
- Customer rampages through French Apple Store, smashes iPhones, iMacs, MacBook Air