Verizon Cloud iPhone backup software launches on Apple's App StoreVerizon this week launched a new iPhone application for its subscribers that gives access to the carrier's cloud-based syncing and backup service.
The official Verizon Cloud application is now available as a free download on the App Store. It requires iOS 5.0 or later, and is optimized for the 4-inch display on the iPhone 5.
Customers can sign up for the Verizon Cloud service, which debuted last month, by visiting the carrier's website. The entry-level 500-megabyte plan is free, while 25 gigabytes are available for $2.99 per month, 75 gigabytes for $5.99 per month, or 125 gigabytes for $9.99 per month.
Features of the newly released iOS application, according to Verizon, include:
- Keep your phone's content safe and secure in your own private cloud storage
- Access your content when you need it, even on the go, on any compatible device, your computer or the web
- Sync photos and videos from Verizon Cloud to your device, and then share that synched content with your friends and family
- Stream music and access documents stored in Verizon Cloud on your phone
- Backup content from your computer's hard drive to your Verizon Cloud using the downloadable computer app. You can then access that content on your mobile devices.
On Topic: Verizon
- New York investigates claims that Verizon, TWC & Cablevision fail to deliver promised Internet speeds
- Verizon asks FCC for waiver to enable Wi-Fi calling features
- Verizon plans to share 'supercookie' tracking data with AOL ad network
- Verizon jumps on annual iPhone upgrade bandwagon with new trade-in offer
- Apple says iPhone 6s units will be available for walk-in purchases at stores this Friday