Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 12:44 pm PT (03:44 pm ET)
Apple pushes out 2013-002 security update for OS X LionApple on Tuesday released security updates for the last two versions of its OS X operating system, 10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountain Lion, recommending that all users download the updates.
As a matter of policy, Apple doesn't disclose, discuss, or confirm security issues until it has fully investigated an issue and made available the necessary patches. Thus, the particular issues addressed by Tuesday's patch are as yet unknown.
Security Update 2013-003 for Mountain Lion is available for download from Apple's Support page. The 20MB download requires that a device be running OS X 10.8.4 or later.
Security Update 2013-002 for Lion is also available for download from the Support page. That update is a 57.59MB file, and it requires that a device run OS X 10.7.5 or later.
Also on Tuesday Apple pushed out Security Update 2013-003 for OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. Notification for that update came shortly after the ones for Lion and Mountain Lion. Security Update 2013-003 is available for download on Apple's Support page as well. The 349.5MB download requires a device running OS X 10.6.8 or higher.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Adobe releases Lightroom 5.3 with holiday discount, updates Camera Raw 8.3
- Apple seeds OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks beta to developers
- FileMaker 13 launches with browser-based support via HTML5, new tools for iPhone & iPad
- Microsoft's project 'Threshold' to further converge PC, phone & Xbox platforms
- Black Friday software and the lowest prices ever on Dragon Dictate 3 and Micro Drone 2.0