Best Buy, Amazon and others host first sales on Apple's all-day power MacBook AirsHaving caught up with initial demand for its all-day power MacBook Airs, Apple this week is teaming with Best Buy to host the first official sale on the new notebooks. The move has triggered copy-cat sales at other top resellers, which now yield the lowest prices yet on some models.
Best Buy's sale, which runs through July 20th, includes free shipping and knocks $50 off 11-inch MacBook Airs, up to $64 off 13-inch MacBook Airs, and $200 off a 13-inch non-Retina MacBook Pro. Amazon, MacMall, and B&H quickly matched pricing on the 11-inch models, as can be seen in our Mac Price Guide (portion also below). The result is the lowest prices yet on Apple's two standard 11-inch MacBook Air configurations via MacMall (1,2) when using the links in our guides and applying Promo Code APPLEINSIDER01.
Similarly, those same models bundled with 3-years of AppleCare protection (AppleCare Price Guide) are now offered at their lowest prices yet from B&H (1,2), which matched Best Buy's pricing in addition to extending its exclusive AppleCare discounted pricing. Other highlights from the sales include Apple's 2.5GHz 13-inch MacBook Pro for $999 ($200 discount) from Amazon and Best Buy, and a 2.5GHz 13" MacBook Pro with Retina display (8GB,256GB) from MacMall for $1,385.59 ($313 discount).
MacBook Airs (mid-2013)
* The 3% discount is available only when ordering online and online orders are processed in the order they are received.
* MacMall only collects sales tax in CA, IL, NY, TN, MN, GA, NC, WI, yielding additional savings for most shoppers.
+ B&H Photo only collects sales tax for orders shipped to its home state of New York, yielding additional savings for most shoppers.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- Intel details new Skylake chips hinting at Apple's future 15" MacBook Pro specs
- 2016 expected to be a big year for Apple's MacBook lineup, upgrades to arrive in coming months
- Consumer Reports survey finds Apple most reliable laptop brand
- Rumor: Apple to unveil redesigned MacBook Airs, new 15" model at WWDC 2016
- Record Low Prices: Apple's iMac 4K falls $200 to $1,299, iMac 5K to $1,599, 15" MacBook Pro to $1699 at B&H ahead of Black Friday