Monday, July 15, 2013, 02:06 pm PT (05:06 pm ET)
Condensed 'Jobs' teaser reportedly becomes first trailer aired on InstagramA teaser for the Steve Jobs biopic "Jobs" hit the Web in the form of a 15-second Instagram video, and the film's creators claim they are the first to release a trailer on the Facebook-owned photo and video sharing service.
The 15-second preview, an edited and condensed version of the original official trailer from June, shows some of the indie film's more dramatic scenes, while Ashton Kutcher's Jobs recites lines from the now-famous "Here's to the Crazy Ones" TV spot.
As of this writing, the post has garnered nearly 500 likes and 37 comments, though that number should rise as the trailer reaches a wider audience.
Instagram's video sharing option, largely seen as a competitor to Twitter's dedicated Vine app, has been growing in popularity since its launch in late June. Similar in theory, the Instagram version offers 15 seconds of recording time, while apps like Vine forces users to be more creative with a time restriction of 6 seconds.
Most recently, Instagram introduced Web embeds for both photos and video, an example of which is seen above in the "Jobs" trailer. Embed code generation only works with content made public by users, though any public photo or video can linked to.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon