Monday, July 15, 2013, 02:06 pm PT (05:06 pm ET)
Condensed 'Jobs' teaser reportedly becomes first trailer aired on InstagramA teaser for the Steve Jobs biopic "Jobs" hit the Web in the form of a 15-second Instagram video, and the film's creators claim they are the first to release a trailer on the Facebook-owned photo and video sharing service.
The 15-second preview, an edited and condensed version of the original official trailer from June, shows some of the indie film's more dramatic scenes, while Ashton Kutcher's Jobs recites lines from the now-famous "Here's to the Crazy Ones" TV spot.
As of this writing, the post has garnered nearly 500 likes and 37 comments, though that number should rise as the trailer reaches a wider audience.
Instagram's video sharing option, largely seen as a competitor to Twitter's dedicated Vine app, has been growing in popularity since its launch in late June. Similar in theory, the Instagram version offers 15 seconds of recording time, while apps like Vine forces users to be more creative with a time restriction of 6 seconds.
Most recently, Instagram introduced Web embeds for both photos and video, an example of which is seen above in the "Jobs" trailer. Embed code generation only works with content made public by users, though any public photo or video can linked to.
On Topic: General
- Tim Cook touts new Apple privacy policies in open letter to customers
- Tim Cook explains consolidation at Apple in new interview
- Apple 'never' planned to use sapphire covers for iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus - report
- Apple to introduce app-specific passwords for iCloud-connected titles
- Full Tim Cook interview with Charlie Rose available to stream online