Apple releases Xcode 5 Developer Preview 5 with minor improvementsAlongside Tuesday's seed of Apple's iOS 7 beta, the company also pushed out the latest Xcode 5 Developer Preview, the fifth such release for the coding tool.
As with the previous Xcode 5 release, the fifth Developer Preview comes with the usual fixes and performance buffs, though bugs still remain ahead of the software's public debut.
According to people familiar with the fifth Xcode 5 preview, Apple has done work on a new navigator and test categories for Testing, bot creation and management in Continuous Integration, as well as real-time CPU, energy use, iCloud and OpenGL data in Debugger.
In addition, Interface Builder gets iOS 7 support, while Source Control and Version Editor introduces a new workflow design. Finally, Compiler receives a new Auto Vectorizer tool. Xcode 5's user interface and experience has also been slightly tweaked.
Developers can download the current preview, with a more complete list of new assets, from Apple's Development Center.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Sony brings wireless PS4 DualShock 4 controller support to Mac with new $25 dongle
- Apple issues sixth public, seventh developer betas of macOS Sierra
- Google removing support for Chrome Apps in Mac browser by 2018
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac released with macOS Sierra support, Toolbox app
- Apple wins appeal in Time Machine tech patent infringement suit