Apple releases Xcode 5 Developer Preview 5 with minor improvementsAlongside Tuesday's seed of Apple's iOS 7 beta, the company also pushed out the latest Xcode 5 Developer Preview, the fifth such release for the coding tool.
As with the previous Xcode 5 release, the fifth Developer Preview comes with the usual fixes and performance buffs, though bugs still remain ahead of the software's public debut.
According to people familiar with the fifth Xcode 5 preview, Apple has done work on a new navigator and test categories for Testing, bot creation and management in Continuous Integration, as well as real-time CPU, energy use, iCloud and OpenGL data in Debugger.
In addition, Interface Builder gets iOS 7 support, while Source Control and Version Editor introduces a new workflow design. Finally, Compiler receives a new Auto Vectorizer tool. Xcode 5's user interface and experience has also been slightly tweaked.
Developers can download the current preview, with a more complete list of new assets, from Apple's Development Center.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple adds TRIM support for aftermarket SSDs in OS X 10.10.4
- GarageBand 10.1 for Mac adds Force Touch, Apple Music Connect publishing [u]
- Apple releases OS X 10.10.4 with Mail, Photos improvements, 'discoveryd' fix
- New iOS 8.4 will enable Apple Music, Beats 1 on Tuesday; Sonos, Android support coming later this year
- Adobe addresses new 'actively exploited' critical vulnerability in Flash, users urged to update