Apple releases Safari 6.1 Seed 8 for OS X Lion and Mountain LionAhead of an expected release later this year, Apple on Monday made available Safari 6.1 Seed 8 for OS X 10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountain Lion with WebKit enhancements, among other updates.
According to AppleInsider reader Gregg, developers were sent an email from Apple, as seen above, announcing the latest build of Safari as well as a link to download the software.
Apple notes that enhancements include WebKit tweak for text, layout and accessibility support, as well as a redesigned Web Inspector and a new Activity viewer. The new tools are meant to make debugging websites an easier process.
Safari 6.1 Seed 8 comes around a week and a half after the last release. Developers can download the newest seed from Apple's Developer portal.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Dropbox says OS X 10.10.1 Yosemite update resolves crashing issue, urges download
- Apple issues first OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite beta to developers for testing [u]
- Adobe announces Lightroom 5.7 with new Aperture and iPhoto importer tool, Black Friday subscription pricing
- Google launches first 64-bit Chrome Web browser for OS X
- Apple's OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 update improves Wi-Fi reliability, fixes Mail bugs, more