Apple releases Safari 6.1 Seed 8 for OS X Lion and Mountain LionAhead of an expected release later this year, Apple on Monday made available Safari 6.1 Seed 8 for OS X 10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountain Lion with WebKit enhancements, among other updates.
According to AppleInsider reader Gregg, developers were sent an email from Apple, as seen above, announcing the latest build of Safari as well as a link to download the software.
Apple notes that enhancements include WebKit tweak for text, layout and accessibility support, as well as a redesigned Web Inspector and a new Activity viewer. The new tools are meant to make debugging websites an easier process.
Safari 6.1 Seed 8 comes around a week and a half after the last release. Developers can download the newest seed from Apple's Developer portal.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple provides public beta testers with third build of OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Apple releases fifth OS X 10.11 El Capitan beta to developers [u]
- Leak reveals Parallels Desktop 11 will support Windows 10's Cortana across OS X
- Apple celebrates 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act with App Store collection
- Apple releases first public beta of upcoming OS X 10.10.5 update