Apple releases Safari 6.1 Seed 8 for OS X Lion and Mountain LionAhead of an expected release later this year, Apple on Monday made available Safari 6.1 Seed 8 for OS X 10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountain Lion with WebKit enhancements, among other updates.
According to AppleInsider reader Gregg, developers were sent an email from Apple, as seen above, announcing the latest build of Safari as well as a link to download the software.
Apple notes that enhancements include WebKit tweak for text, layout and accessibility support, as well as a redesigned Web Inspector and a new Activity viewer. The new tools are meant to make debugging websites an easier process.
Safari 6.1 Seed 8 comes around a week and a half after the last release. Developers can download the newest seed from Apple's Developer portal.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple's OS X 10.10.2 update fixes Wi-Fi connection issues, improves iCloud, patches security holes
- OS X 10.10.2 will fix years-old Thunderbolt hardware vulnerability
- Adobe acknowledges critical remote vulnerability in Flash, exploits already in the wild
- How to safely move your Mac's iPhoto library onto an external drive
- Google's Project Zero reveals three new zero-day exploits in Apple's OS X [u]