Adonit, Evernote team up for fine-point Bluetooth stylus for iPadTwo firms buoyed by the success of iOS devices Evernote and Adonit have teamed to make a premium stylus that will bring precision writing to the iPad.
The new Jot Script Evernote Edition is a result of a partnership between the two firms, one aimed at bringing the natural feel of pen-and-paper writing to iOS devices. A central feature of the device is its 1.9-millimeter tip, which provides a much finer point of contact than most other styluses.
The new Jot Script is composed of stainless steel, aluminum, and plastic, with an aluminum and stainless steel end cap and a thermoplastic polymer resin tip. The thin barrel of the device features a textured grip meant to make the Jot Script feel like a regular pen. It measures 5.55 inches long and 0.46 inches in diameter, and it weighs in at 29 grams with a battery inserted.
The stylus is designed to take a single AAA battery, and one is included along with the device. That single battery, Evernote and Adonit claim, will give the Jot Script "over two weeks of pen-down writing time."
The stylus connects to an iOS device via Bluetooth 4.0 and Bluetooth Low Energy. Devices with Bluetooth 4.0 support can also access the Jot Script's palm rejection and advanced precision capabilities. Palm rejection allows the touchscreen device to ignore input from anything other than the pen tip when a user is writing.
The new stylus is available on both Evernote's new marketplace and directly from Adonit. The device is still in preorder stage, and it will ship on October 25. Both companies offer the Jot Script Evernote Edition for $80.
On Topic: iPad
- Apple posts "the story behind the Song" featuring old and new music recording technology
- ShopKeep offering merchants free Apple Pay-compatible hardware in bid to compete with Square
- Apple debuts cellular LTE-equipped iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 in China
- Gazelle's $20 cash bonus on working iPad trade-ins expires tonight
- Leading Android fansite recommends Apple Inc iPad Air 2 as best tablet in holiday gift guide