Thursday, November 14, 2013, 01:52 pm PT (04:52 pm ET)
Apple seeds Safari betas with PDF and autofill enhancementsApple on Thursday issued two Safari betas to developers with PDF viewing and annotation enhancements, as well as autofill improvements, among other changes.
According to AppleInsider reader Gregg, Apple seeded Safari 6.1.1 for OS X 10.7.5 Lion and OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion, as well as Safari 7.0.1 for OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
Apple is asking developers to concentrate on viewing and annotating PDFs, login and password autofill and Web Inspector functions, along with general website compatibility and accessibility features.
The company gave no indication as to when the software would be ready for pubic consumption, but the latest Safari could be released in the coming weeks.
Developers can download Safari 6.1.1 and 7.0.1 from Apple's Developer Center now.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks beta to developers with minor changes
- Apple issues iMovie for Mac update with new features, bug fixes
- Apple releases Xcode 5.1.1 update with bug fixes, stability improvements
- Apple issues sixth OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks seed to developers with minor tweaks
- Dropbox bringing Mailbox to the Mac, launches new Carousel photo app