Apple seeds Safari betas with PDF and autofill enhancementsApple on Thursday issued two Safari betas to developers with PDF viewing and annotation enhancements, as well as autofill improvements, among other changes.
According to AppleInsider reader Gregg, Apple seeded Safari 6.1.1 for OS X 10.7.5 Lion and OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion, as well as Safari 7.0.1 for OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
Apple is asking developers to concentrate on viewing and annotating PDFs, login and password autofill and Web Inspector functions, along with general website compatibility and accessibility features.
The company gave no indication as to when the software would be ready for pubic consumption, but the latest Safari could be released in the coming weeks.
Developers can download Safari 6.1.1 and 7.0.1 from Apple's Developer Center now.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Troubleshooting macOS Sierra: FileMaker, Logitech and Razer devices, 4k display issues
- Inside iOS 10: Examining the new smart Photos features
- Troubleshooting macOS Sierra: Wired networking, ScanSnap, Bluetooth
- Apple updates iWork for Mac, adding real-time collaboration beta to Pages, Numbers & Keynote
- Apple releases macOS 10.12 Sierra with Siri, Apple Pay for web, Apple Watch login, more