Apple seeds Safari betas with PDF and autofill enhancementsApple on Thursday issued two Safari betas to developers with PDF viewing and annotation enhancements, as well as autofill improvements, among other changes.
According to AppleInsider reader Gregg, Apple seeded Safari 6.1.1 for OS X 10.7.5 Lion and OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion, as well as Safari 7.0.1 for OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
Apple is asking developers to concentrate on viewing and annotating PDFs, login and password autofill and Web Inspector functions, along with general website compatibility and accessibility features.
The company gave no indication as to when the software would be ready for pubic consumption, but the latest Safari could be released in the coming weeks.
Developers can download Safari 6.1.1 and 7.0.1 from Apple's Developer Center now.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- How to watch Super Bowl 50 on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV
- Apple adds server-to-server web service requests to CloudKit
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X, Compressor and Motion with new features
- Public beta testers get Apple's second build of OS X 10.11.4
- Apple seeds OS X 10.11.4 to developers with minor bug fixes