Apple seeds Safari betas with PDF and autofill enhancementsApple on Thursday issued two Safari betas to developers with PDF viewing and annotation enhancements, as well as autofill improvements, among other changes.
According to AppleInsider reader Gregg, Apple seeded Safari 6.1.1 for OS X 10.7.5 Lion and OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion, as well as Safari 7.0.1 for OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
Apple is asking developers to concentrate on viewing and annotating PDFs, login and password autofill and Web Inspector functions, along with general website compatibility and accessibility features.
The company gave no indication as to when the software would be ready for pubic consumption, but the latest Safari could be released in the coming weeks.
Developers can download Safari 6.1.1 and 7.0.1 from Apple's Developer Center now.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- macOS virtual keyboard system resources lack function keys, suggest 'Magic Toolbar' legit
- Long-awaited Sid Meier title Civilization VI arrives on macOS
- Apple updates macOS Sierra to 10.12.1 with Mail, Safari, Photos fixes
- Trade-in coupon: $20 cash bonus when you trade in your old Mac ahead of rumored 2016 MacBook Pros
- LEGO rolls out Macs in the workplace to meet growing employee demand