Apple seeds Safari betas with PDF and autofill enhancementsApple on Thursday issued two Safari betas to developers with PDF viewing and annotation enhancements, as well as autofill improvements, among other changes.
According to AppleInsider reader Gregg, Apple seeded Safari 6.1.1 for OS X 10.7.5 Lion and OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion, as well as Safari 7.0.1 for OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
Apple is asking developers to concentrate on viewing and annotating PDFs, login and password autofill and Web Inspector functions, along with general website compatibility and accessibility features.
The company gave no indication as to when the software would be ready for pubic consumption, but the latest Safari could be released in the coming weeks.
Developers can download Safari 6.1.1 and 7.0.1 from Apple's Developer Center now.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple adds TRIM support for aftermarket SSDs in OS X 10.10.4
- GarageBand 10.1 for Mac adds Force Touch, Apple Music Connect publishing [u]
- Apple releases OS X 10.10.4 with Mail, Photos improvements, 'discoveryd' fix
- New iOS 8.4 will enable Apple Music, Beats 1 on Tuesday; Sonos, Android support coming later this year
- Adobe addresses new 'actively exploited' critical vulnerability in Flash, users urged to update