Apple updates online store, Apple Store app for Valentine's DayApple on Tuesday rolled out a revamped Online Apple Store with flourishes of red and a new "Top Valentine's Gifts" section catering to shoppers looking to buy something special for their significant other this Feb. 14.
Aside from a few minor graphical revisions and new promotional text for products like the iPad Air ("Love is in the Air"), Apple's online storefront remains largely unchanged from its usual appearance.
As with the Online Apple Store's special holiday redesign, Tuesday's Valentine's Day revamp also features a section where customers can plan out their purchases to ensure arrival by Feb. 14. For example, all iPhone orders must be placed by Feb. 5 to guarantee on-time arrival when using the free shipping option, while buyers planning to use next-day air can wait until Feb. 11. Similar deadlines are available for iPads, Macs, iPods and accessories.
In addition to the website tweaks, Apple pushed out an update to its Apple Store app for iOS, which also features a Top Valentine's Gifts section.
On Topic: General
- Congressional Black Caucus asks Apple to release diversity report after meeting with Tim Cook
- Cellphone, data and landline services down for many in southeastern US [u]
- Apple pays $138 million for 43-acre building plot in San Jose tech corridor
- Audi, BMW, Daimler officially buy Nokia Here maps in deal valued at $3.07B
- Tech shuttle drivers approve Teamsters contract, Apple working with contractors to raise pay