Apple updates online store, Apple Store app for Valentine's DayApple on Tuesday rolled out a revamped Online Apple Store with flourishes of red and a new "Top Valentine's Gifts" section catering to shoppers looking to buy something special for their significant other this Feb. 14.
Aside from a few minor graphical revisions and new promotional text for products like the iPad Air ("Love is in the Air"), Apple's online storefront remains largely unchanged from its usual appearance.
As with the Online Apple Store's special holiday redesign, Tuesday's Valentine's Day revamp also features a section where customers can plan out their purchases to ensure arrival by Feb. 14. For example, all iPhone orders must be placed by Feb. 5 to guarantee on-time arrival when using the free shipping option, while buyers planning to use next-day air can wait until Feb. 11. Similar deadlines are available for iPads, Macs, iPods and accessories.
In addition to the website tweaks, Apple pushed out an update to its Apple Store app for iOS, which also features a Top Valentine's Gifts section.
On Topic: General
- Apple under investigation by South Korean anti-competition body
- Google may release self-designed smartphone by end of 2016 - report
- Facebook launches custom-curated event picks to improve recommendations
- Apple hands out rainbow Apple Watch bands to commemorate LGBT Pride
- How the AppleInsider podcast is recorded and edited