Apple releases Xcode 5.1.1 update with bug fixes, stability improvementsApple on Thursday released the latest update to Xcode 5.1, bringing fixes for reported bugs and overall stability improvements to the software development, debugging and testing tool.
Coming one week after Apple released golden master seed to developers, Xcode version 5.1.1 is now available for public consumption on the Mac App Store.
From the release notes:
Includes SDKs for OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, and iOS 7.1.
- Fixes an issue that would reposition the Interface Builder canvas unexpectedly.
- Improves the reliability of Quick Look within the debugger.
- Fixes an issue where test cases would report as failed when in fact they had passed.
- Fixes a rare code generation issue in the LLVM compiler.
- Includes additional bug fixes and stability improvements.
The improvements come on top of existing features released in Xcode 5.1, including Xcode IDE, LLVM compiler, Instruments, iOS Simulator, and the latest OS X and iOS SDKs.
Xcode version 5.1.1 comes in at 2.18GB and is a free download from the Mac App Store.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple seeds first OS X 10.10.4 beta to developers for testing
- Apple fixes sporadic startup woes with OS X 10.10.3 supplemental update
- OS X 10.10.3 triggering kernel panics when previewing JPEG files
- From beaches to bridges, Apple has plenty of possible California-themed names for next OS X
- Microsoft updates Office 2016 for Mac Preview, intros new iPhone apps for Office 365