Apple releases Xcode 5.1.1 update with bug fixes, stability improvementsApple on Thursday released the latest update to Xcode 5.1, bringing fixes for reported bugs and overall stability improvements to the software development, debugging and testing tool.
Coming one week after Apple released golden master seed to developers, Xcode version 5.1.1 is now available for public consumption on the Mac App Store.
From the release notes:
Includes SDKs for OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, and iOS 7.1.
- Fixes an issue that would reposition the Interface Builder canvas unexpectedly.
- Improves the reliability of Quick Look within the debugger.
- Fixes an issue where test cases would report as failed when in fact they had passed.
- Fixes a rare code generation issue in the LLVM compiler.
- Includes additional bug fixes and stability improvements.
The improvements come on top of existing features released in Xcode 5.1, including Xcode IDE, LLVM compiler, Instruments, iOS Simulator, and the latest OS X and iOS SDKs.
Xcode version 5.1.1 comes in at 2.18GB and is a free download from the Mac App Store.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Twitter for Mac catches up with iOS & Web via Moments, polls & more
- Apple's Mac reaches 9.2% share on the web as Windows PC use sinks to new low
- iMovie for Mac updates with quicker project launch, better range selection
- Microsoft appears to be copying Apple's 2014 Continuity Handoff feature for Windows PCs
- Apple's website hints 'OS X' to be rebranded as 'MacOS'