Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks seed to developers with minor tweaksApple on Tuesday seeded the latest version of its OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks beta to developers with minor changes, asking testers concentrate on the usual built-in features including graphics and Mail.
Focus areas for build 13D55 include graphics drivers, audio, Safari, Mail and Contacts & Calendar syncing over USB in iTunes. These are the same areas of interest noted in Apple's previous beta issued last week.
Past betas of the upcoming OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks supplemental update brought support for scaling that doubles pixels for 4K monitor output, suggesting the update will introduce a so-called "Retina" output mode for late-2013 MacBook Pro with Retina display.
Developers can download the build 13D55 from Apple's Developer Portal or via Software Update.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple issues second public beta of OS X El Capitan 10.11.1
- OS X El Capitan still exposed to vulnerabilities in Gatekeeper & Keychain, researchers say
- First look video: Split View, new Mission Control in Apple's OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Apple releases OS X 10.11 El Capitan with Safari 9, new Spotlight search, Split View, more
- Apple releases second developer beta of OS X El Capitan 10.11.1