Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 03:19 pm PT (06:19 pm ET)
Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks seed to developers with minor tweaksApple on Tuesday seeded the latest version of its OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks beta to developers with minor changes, asking testers concentrate on the usual built-in features including graphics and Mail.
Focus areas for build 13D55 include graphics drivers, audio, Safari, Mail and Contacts & Calendar syncing over USB in iTunes. These are the same areas of interest noted in Apple's previous beta issued last week.
Past betas of the upcoming OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks supplemental update brought support for scaling that doubles pixels for 4K monitor output, suggesting the update will introduce a so-called "Retina" output mode for late-2013 MacBook Pro with Retina display.
Developers can download the build 13D55 from Apple's Developer Portal or via Software Update.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- OS X Yosemite Preview 4 brings redesigned Calculator, updated Dark Mode
- Apple pushes fourth betas of iOS 8, OS X Yosemite to developers
- Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter release candidates bring new camera support, bug fixes
- Apple launches developer blog for new Swift programming language
- Apple introduces new WebKit features in latest Safari beta builds for OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion