Apple hires noted tech journalist Anand Lal ShimpiApple has confirmed hiring Anand Lal Shimpi, the 32 year old founder of tech enthusiast site AnandTech.
Shimpi noted in an AnandTech posting last night that he was "officially retiring from the tech publishing world."
John Paczkowski reported for Re/Code this afternoon that Apple had confirmed hiring Shimpi, without detailing what he would be doing at the company.
Shimpi wrote that he began writing about technology in 1997 at the age of 14, stating, "I liked the idea of sharing knowledge online and the thought of building a resource where everyone who was interested in tech could find something helpful."
AnandTech will continue to publish under its new editor in chief Ryan Smith.
On Topic: General
- Apple invention uses Apple Watch to auto adjust iPhone alert volume
- Standalone HBO Now subscriptions at 800,000, says network's CEO
- Apple's in-house CDN efforts spell trouble for Akamai as infrastructure biz warns of losses
- Apple's biggest Florida store coming to Brickell City Centre in Miami
- Belkin's ScreenCare+ Application System for iPhone launches at US Apple Stores