Apple hires noted tech journalist Anand Lal ShimpiApple has confirmed hiring Anand Lal Shimpi, the 32 year old founder of tech enthusiast site AnandTech.
Shimpi noted in an AnandTech posting last night that he was "officially retiring from the tech publishing world."
John Paczkowski reported for Re/Code this afternoon that Apple had confirmed hiring Shimpi, without detailing what he would be doing at the company.
Shimpi wrote that he began writing about technology in 1997 at the age of 14, stating, "I liked the idea of sharing knowledge online and the thought of building a resource where everyone who was interested in tech could find something helpful."
AnandTech will continue to publish under its new editor in chief Ryan Smith.
On Topic: General
- Apple confirms plans for World Trade Center store in New York City
- Apple manufacturer Pegatron begins automating factories, reducing hires
- Apple's Phil Schiller joins DNA sequencing company's board of directors
- Google Play Store gets Family Library feature with limited iOS support
- Xiaomi launches Mi Notebook Air, targeting Apple's MacBook lineup