Apple hires noted tech journalist Anand Lal ShimpiApple has confirmed hiring Anand Lal Shimpi, the 32 year old founder of tech enthusiast site AnandTech.
Shimpi noted in an AnandTech posting last night that he was "officially retiring from the tech publishing world."
John Paczkowski reported for Re/Code this afternoon that Apple had confirmed hiring Shimpi, without detailing what he would be doing at the company.
Shimpi wrote that he began writing about technology in 1997 at the age of 14, stating, "I liked the idea of sharing knowledge online and the thought of building a resource where everyone who was interested in tech could find something helpful."
AnandTech will continue to publish under its new editor in chief Ryan Smith.
On Topic: General
- Belkin refreshes Express Dock with Thunderbolt 3 USB-C connector
- Apple partners with LG to make new 4K & 5K UltraFine Displays
- Twitter cuts 9 percent of its workforce, Vine getting axed
- AppleInsider is live at Apple's 'Hello Again' MacBook Pro event -- tap here for instant analysis
- Apple avoids executive's prison term in settlement over unpaid Italian taxes