Sunday, August 31, 2014, 04:51 pm PT (07:51 pm ET)
Apple hires noted tech journalist Anand Lal ShimpiApple has confirmed hiring Anand Lal Shimpi, the 32 year old founder of tech enthusiast site AnandTech.
Shimpi noted in an AnandTech posting last night that he was "officially retiring from the tech publishing world."
John Paczkowski reported for Re/Code this afternoon that Apple had confirmed hiring Shimpi, without detailing what he would be doing at the company.
Shimpi wrote that he began writing about technology in 1997 at the age of 14, stating, "I liked the idea of sharing knowledge online and the thought of building a resource where everyone who was interested in tech could find something helpful."
AnandTech will continue to publish under its new editor in chief Ryan Smith.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon