Runtastic debuts Moment smartwatch, combining analog face & fitness trackingRuntastic on Friday launched the Moment, a new smartwatch that employs a traditional analog watch face but with smartphone-connected fitness tracking.
The device monitors data like steps, distance, sleep, calories burned, and goal progress, syncing the data automatically via Bluetooth with Runtastic's apps for iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone. Any iPhone from the iPhone 4s onwards should be supported.
Though the Moment is built to resemble conventional watches, it also includes an LED indicator, a goal progress dial, and vibration functions. The latter can be used for things like setting a silent alarm or reminders to get up and move around.
The device runs on a six-month lithium battery, and unlike many smartwatches and fitness trackers is also waterproof to a depth of 300 feet, allowing it to track swimming.
The Moment comes in Elite, Classic, Basic and Fun lines, which mostly determine the style of the watchface and available colors. The Basic and Fun are $129 each, while the Elite and Classic options are $179.
All models are available to buy starting today, but Runtastic says that demand has already delayed shipping by three to six weeks.
On Topic: iPhone
- Eric Schmidt says he uses an iPhone, but claims to prefer Samsung's Galaxy
- Alleged 'iPhone 7' production plates, schematics show no sign of Smart Connector
- New photo purports to show 'iPhone 7' shell with single, raised rear camera opening
- Rumor: Apple prepping as many as 78 million 'iPhone 7' units for launch
- Surge in OLED equipment orders linked to Apple's upcoming iPhones - report