Runtastic debuts Moment smartwatch, combining analog face & fitness trackingRuntastic on Friday launched the Moment, a new smartwatch that employs a traditional analog watch face but with smartphone-connected fitness tracking.
The device monitors data like steps, distance, sleep, calories burned, and goal progress, syncing the data automatically via Bluetooth with Runtastic's apps for iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone. Any iPhone from the iPhone 4s onwards should be supported.
Though the Moment is built to resemble conventional watches, it also includes an LED indicator, a goal progress dial, and vibration functions. The latter can be used for things like setting a silent alarm or reminders to get up and move around.
The device runs on a six-month lithium battery, and unlike many smartwatches and fitness trackers is also waterproof to a depth of 300 feet, allowing it to track swimming.
The Moment comes in Elite, Classic, Basic and Fun lines, which mostly determine the style of the watchface and available colors. The Basic and Fun are $129 each, while the Elite and Classic options are $179.
All models are available to buy starting today, but Runtastic says that demand has already delayed shipping by three to six weeks.
On Topic: iPhone
- Adobe Lightroom for iOS now supports RAW shooting on iPhone 7, 7 Plus
- iPhone 7 owners complain about issues with BMW Bluetooth support, Verizon LTE connections
- FCC votes to upgrade emergency alerts on phones with links & more information
- Apple's latest iPhone 7 ad brings iOS 10 'happy birthday' balloons in Messages to life
- Apple acknowledges tracking iMessage metadata and sharing it with law enforcement