Apple returns to over $100 per share ahead of Q1 2016 earnings reportShares of AAPL closed above $100 on Friday, as investors bought in ahead of earnings and once again returned the iPhone maker's stock to three-digit territory.
Apple stock closed Friday at $101.43, up more than 5.1 percent in trading for the day from its previous close of $96.30.
Investors pushed the stock past the $100 mark just a few days before Apple will report the results of its first quarter of fiscal 2016. It's expected that Apple will again report record holiday sales of its blockbuster iPhone product line.
But AAPL stock has taken a beating in recent months as Wall Street watchers have expressed concern over the current March quarter and beyond. Speculation has been that the current iPhone 6s lineup won't sustain growth, and that the iPhone product lineup could see its first ever year-over-year decline in unit sales.
Shares of AAPL have languished below $100 since earlier this month, when they closed at that level for the first time since October of 2014.
Apple will report the results of its December quarter earnings next Tuesday after markets close. AppleInsider will have full, live coverage.
On Topic: Investor
- Apple boosts R&D spending as revenues stabilize
- Wall Street breathes a sigh of relief after Apple's better-than-feared June quarter
- Apple services will be size of Fortune 100 company by 2017, Cook says
- Apple's China revenue dives 33% amid iPhone sales slowdown
- Notes of interest from Apple's Q3 2016 conference call