Apple Music search stops working for many usersApple Music's search feature was down for many subscribers on Monday, leaving much of the service impractical to use.
Typing into the search field in the iOS interface currently shows either no results, or a list in which tapping a result returns an empty screen, according to complaints seen on Twitter, Apple's support forums, and directly by AppleInsider. The problem can't be fixed by force-quitting the Music app or even doing a device reset.
The issue appears to have begun overnight, with no indication of how or when it might be resolved. Readers reached out to AppleInsider to note the issue.
Without search it becomes impossible to find a specific artist, album, or song, forcing users to listen to radio or existing collections.
The nature of the situation suggests a glitch with Apple Music servers, although Apple's official System Status page doesn't mention any ongoing difficulties. Just last week Safari was plagued by crashes linked to the browser's search suggestion feature — that issue was ultimately solved on Apple's end.
On Topic: iTunes
- Jessica Alba joins slew of executive producers for 'Planet of the Apps'
- Britney Spears' album 'Glory' debuts, but not as Apple Music exclusive
- Spotify allegedly retaliating against Apple Music exclusives by 'burying' artist content [u]
- UMG moratorium on exclusives may have killed Lady Gaga deal with Apple Music
- UK carrier EE, Germany's Deutsche Telekom expected to offer six months of free Apple Music