Apple releases Apple TV Tech Talks video series for building better tvOS appsApple on Wednesday released to developers a series of videos focusing on Apple TV and its tvOS operating system, offering a detailed look at the underlying SDK, resources and best practices associated with coding for the platform.
As noted on Apple's developer webpage, the Apple TV Tech Talks video series is a compilation of taped sessions at which developers received firsthand training on how to design and develop apps and games. The site features 11 videos in all, each led by Apple experts discussing different aspects of tvOS.
Session video range from a broad overview of tvOS and its capabilities to more nuanced issues like app tuning and designing focus-driven interfaces with UIKit. More technical topics include TVMLKit, provisioning for on-demand resources and data storage — a feature that support slimmed-down app installs — and attaining smooth media playback.
The talks also cover new hardware released with the fourth-generation Apple TV last fall. One sessions focuses exclusively on the touch- and motion-sensitive Siri Remote, as well as game controllers, both major additions to Apple's set-top box ecosystem.
All 11 Apple TV Tech Talks are available for viewing through Apple's developer portal for free.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Samsung may beat Apple to the punch with global live TV subscription service
- Apple TV sales surge with hardware refresh, but still rank 4th in US streaming device market
- Apple squashes bugs with tvOS 9.2.1, watchOS 2.2.1 updates
- Disney shutters "Disney Infinity" video game business
- Apple imagines future Siri enhancements to find, control live television content