First look: New nylon and milanese bands bring color, style to Apple WatchApple added a few fresh accessories to the Apple Watch lineup at Monday's special event, including a comfortable woven nylon strap design, new leather and Sport Band colors and the previously rumored Space Black Milanese loop.
Available in seven color combinations, Apple's new nylon bands sport a unique four-layer construction that appears aesthetically similar to the sturdy NATO-style straps popularized by modern diving watches. The two-tone woven patterns add depth to the thick material, while a classic clasp makes for easy wearing and adjustment.
According to CEO Tim Cook, about one third of all Apple Watch owners regularly swap out bands. To address this demographic, Apple introduced another set of seasonal colors for its fluoroelastomer Sport Band line — apricot, royal blue and yellow — alongside 7 new leather classic buckle colors including red and marine blue. The magnetic modern buckle style gets 3 more, including blue jay and marigold color options, while the popular leather loop is now available in storm gray and white.
Finally, a Space Black Milanese loop, initially leaked in January, is up for sale.
On Topic: Apple Watch
- Supply chain expects 2nd-gen Apple Watch in September or October
- Apple's limited edition Olympic Apple Watch straps feature national flag motifs, only available in Rio
- Square Enix to release exclusive Apple Watch game Cosmos Rings this summer
- Apple Watch falls to 47 percent marketshare, but retains lead among smartwatches
- Apple enticing retail shoppers to sign up for Apple Pay with $5 promo