Monday, December 20, 2004, 04:00 pm PT (07:00 pm ET)
Apple Xsan debut delayed till 2005In a statement provided to CNet News.com on Monday, Apple Computer said it will miss the deadline for shipping its Xsan storage management software.
The software was scheduled to go on sale by Monday, the last day of autumn, the company had previously said.
"Xsan will not ship this year; it will ship early next year," Apple said in Monday's statement. The company refused to comment on the source of the delay.
Xsan was announced in April and has remained in a testing phase ever since.
On Topic: General
- Hackers targeting Apple iCloud users in mainland China with 'massive' attack
- Apple's patented iPhone-based CarPlay remote starts cars, performs high-level functions
- Apple responds to Spotlight Suggestions 'backlash,' says personal data collection limited
- Tour Apple Inc's spaceship Campus 2 in extended aerial video
- Editorial: A friendlier Apple Inc now invites media through its Infinite Loop front door