Monday, December 20, 2004, 07:00 pm
Apple Xsan debut delayed till 2005In a statement provided to CNet News.com on Monday, Apple Computer said it will miss the deadline for shipping its Xsan storage management software.
The software was scheduled to go on sale by Monday, the last day of autumn, the company had previously said.
"Xsan will not ship this year; it will ship early next year," Apple said in Monday's statement. The company refused to comment on the source of the delay.
Xsan was announced in April and has remained in a testing phase ever since.
On Topic: General
- Apple publishes execs' opening statements from US Senate testimony
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says America's IP environment needs more work
- Tim Cook testifies: Apple pays all of the US taxes it owes
- Apple still by far the world's most valuable brand name
- Apple's tax strategy portrayed by Senate subcommittee as a unique 'absurdity'