Monday, December 20, 2004, 04:00 pm PT (07:00 pm ET)
Apple Xsan debut delayed till 2005In a statement provided to CNet News.com on Monday, Apple Computer said it will miss the deadline for shipping its Xsan storage management software.
The software was scheduled to go on sale by Monday, the last day of autumn, the company had previously said.
"Xsan will not ship this year; it will ship early next year," Apple said in Monday's statement. The company refused to comment on the source of the delay.
Xsan was announced in April and has remained in a testing phase ever since.
On Topic: General
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon
- Apple to build 25 new Apple Stores in China in two years