Monday, December 20, 2004, 04:00 pm PT (07:00 pm ET)
Apple Xsan debut delayed till 2005In a statement provided to CNet News.com on Monday, Apple Computer said it will miss the deadline for shipping its Xsan storage management software.
The software was scheduled to go on sale by Monday, the last day of autumn, the company had previously said.
"Xsan will not ship this year; it will ship early next year," Apple said in Monday's statement. The company refused to comment on the source of the delay.
Xsan was announced in April and has remained in a testing phase ever since.
On Topic: General
- Apple hires noted tech journalist Anand Lal Shimpi
- Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad
- Apple's mysterious 2-story structure at site of Sept. 9 event drives frenzy even further
- Apple announces Sept. 9 event for expected 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' unveiling: 'Wish we could say more'
- Apple wins patent for Steve Jobs-designed Fifth Ave glass cube