Monday, December 11, 2006, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Briefly: Apple releases Aperture 1.5.2 updateApple Computer on Monday released the latest in an ongoing series of maintenance updates to its post-production photography workflow application, which it recommends for all users of the software.
Aperture 1.5.2 (131MB) addresses issues related to overall reliability and performance, the company said.
Specific areas targeted by the update include: contact sheet printing, smart albums, watermarks, lift and stamp, image export, and image versions created using an external editor.
"If you havent already done so, it is strongly recommended that you also download the Digital Camera RAW Support Update 1.0.1," Apple wrote in the release notes accompanying the Aperture update.
The Digital Camera RAW Support Update provides RAW file format compatibility for several digital SLR cameras, including the Canon Digital Rebel XTi, Nikon D80, and Pentax *ist DS.
It also addresses the handling of large Canon RAW files, DNG compatibility on Intel-based Macintosh computers, and lines that sometimes appearing in images exported from Aperture.
On Topic: General
- Hacks targeting Chinese iCloud users prompt Apple CEO Tim Cook to meet China's vice premier
- Apple's Maps Connect portal lets local businesses create, add details to listings
- Apple leadership awarded restricted stock unit bonus currently worth $19M
- Apple spent $1M on lobbying US government in Q3, focused on health, data privacy, more
- GT Advanced reaches bankruptcy deal with Apple, will sell off more than 2,000 sapphire furnaces to pay debt