Macworld: Apple reportedly working on "large-screen technologies"Apple Computer may hold ambitions of taking its living room digital media strategy to the big screen — literally.
According to a research note released by American Technology analyst Shaw Wu on Monday, the company is working on "large-screen" technologies within its development labs.
"We are not certain on timing but our analysis indicates that AAPL is beyond prototype on large-screen technologies (for a larger monitor or possibly Apple-branded HDTV)," the analyst told his clients.
Wu maintained his Buy rating on shares of Apple with a $99 price target, recommending that clients buy the stock on dips.
On Topic: General
- How virtual and augmented reality could play a role in Apple's future
- This week on AI: Three iPhones in 2017, Apple takes on Snapchat, surprise iOS 9.3.5 update & more
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Health, machine learning, 'iPhone 7' rumors
- Apple gets green light to add 1,000 jobs at Irish headquarters
- Watchdog group finds Pegatron exploiting workers in lead up to 'iPhone 7' launch