Monday, January 08, 2007, 10:00 am
Macworld: Apple reportedly working on "large-screen technologies"Apple Computer may hold ambitions of taking its living room digital media strategy to the big screen -- literally.
According to a research note released by American Technology analyst Shaw Wu on Monday, the company is working on "large-screen" technologies within its development labs.
"We are not certain on timing but our analysis indicates that AAPL is beyond prototype on large-screen technologies (for a larger monitor or possibly Apple-branded HDTV)," the analyst told his clients.
Wu maintained his Buy rating on shares of Apple with a $99 price target, recommending that clients buy the stock on dips.
On Topic: General
- Steve Jobs discusses his legacy in rare 1994 video interview
- Solar charging stations with Apple Lightning & 30-pin connectors come to New York
- Briefly: Jony Ive's title at Apple shortened to 'SVP of Design'
- DOJ e-books trial: Apple's Cue explains 'agency' contracts and pricing, denies culpability
- Skype Video Messages come to Apple's iOS, OS X