Monday, January 08, 2007, 07:00 am PT (10:00 am ET)
Macworld: Apple reportedly working on "large-screen technologies"Apple Computer may hold ambitions of taking its living room digital media strategy to the big screen — literally.
According to a research note released by American Technology analyst Shaw Wu on Monday, the company is working on "large-screen" technologies within its development labs.
"We are not certain on timing but our analysis indicates that AAPL is beyond prototype on large-screen technologies (for a larger monitor or possibly Apple-branded HDTV)," the analyst told his clients.
Wu maintained his Buy rating on shares of Apple with a $99 price target, recommending that clients buy the stock on dips.
On Topic: General
- Apple expected to buy personalized talk radio app Swell for $30 million
- European Commission OKs Apple's $3B purchase of Beats
- Apple acquires startup BookLamp for between $10M to $15M in bid to bolster iBooks discovery
- Amazon stock dips after anaemic third quarter, tepid reception for Fire Phone
- Bose files lawsuit against Apple's Beats over noise canceling tech