Macworld: Apple reportedly working on "large-screen technologies"Apple Computer may hold ambitions of taking its living room digital media strategy to the big screen — literally.
According to a research note released by American Technology analyst Shaw Wu on Monday, the company is working on "large-screen" technologies within its development labs.
"We are not certain on timing but our analysis indicates that AAPL is beyond prototype on large-screen technologies (for a larger monitor or possibly Apple-branded HDTV)," the analyst told his clients.
Wu maintained his Buy rating on shares of Apple with a $99 price target, recommending that clients buy the stock on dips.
On Topic: General
- Shuttle drivers at Apple, other Silicon Valley tech companies vote for Teamsters representation
- Apple's Tim Cook takes hardline stance against consumer data sharing, government snooping and terrorism
- Apple's March 9 'Spring Forward' event steals thunder from rivals at Mobile World Congress
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple's March 9 event, net neutrality, Pebble Time & more
- Ericsson unloads legal barrage against Apple in ongoing patent licensing dispute