Macworld: Apple reportedly working on "large-screen technologies"Apple Computer may hold ambitions of taking its living room digital media strategy to the big screen — literally.
According to a research note released by American Technology analyst Shaw Wu on Monday, the company is working on "large-screen" technologies within its development labs.
"We are not certain on timing but our analysis indicates that AAPL is beyond prototype on large-screen technologies (for a larger monitor or possibly Apple-branded HDTV)," the analyst told his clients.
Wu maintained his Buy rating on shares of Apple with a $99 price target, recommending that clients buy the stock on dips.
On Topic: General
- Jawbone sues Fitbit for 'systematically plundering' confidential data
- FCC chairman to propose broadband subsidy for low-income Americans
- Appeals court denies Apple's bid to remove antitrust monitor in e-books case
- Apple updates WWDC app for 2015 event, confirms June 8 keynote at 10 a.m. Pacific
- Jony Ive makes list of influential tech execs, Apple retakes top spot in brand rankings