AT&T receives 1 million inquiries on Apple iPhoneCingular Wireless, the mobile unit of AT&T Inc., has received around a million requests from customers who wish to receive additional information on Apple Inc.'s upcoming iPhone handset when it becomes available.
Cingular, which is undergoing a re-branding to the AT&T name, has signed on with Apple to be the exclusive wireless carrier for the iPhone when it goes on sale later this June.
"One million people have asked us to call when this phone is available," AT&T Chief Operating Officer Randall Stephenson said during a keynote speech at the CTIA wireless technology conference.
Neither Cingular nor Apple have begun taking pre-orders for the touch-based handset, but Cingular has set up a section on its Web site inviting visitors to leave their e-mail addresses to receive information about the phone when it is released.
On Topic: General
- iPhone and Mac to shine in Apple's Q2 2015 earnings, analyst says
- Google Maps Easter egg shows Android mascot urinating on Apple logo [updated]
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Watch shipments, 12" MacBook review, more
- Final Cut creator Randy Ubillos leaves Apple after 20 years
- Apple beefing up Siri, speech and language teams with wave of new openings