AT&T receives 1 million inquiries on Apple iPhoneCingular Wireless, the mobile unit of AT&T Inc., has received around a million requests from customers who wish to receive additional information on Apple Inc.'s upcoming iPhone handset when it becomes available.
Cingular, which is undergoing a re-branding to the AT&T name, has signed on with Apple to be the exclusive wireless carrier for the iPhone when it goes on sale later this June.
"One million people have asked us to call when this phone is available," AT&T Chief Operating Officer Randall Stephenson said during a keynote speech at the CTIA wireless technology conference.
Neither Cingular nor Apple have begun taking pre-orders for the touch-based handset, but Cingular has set up a section on its Web site inviting visitors to leave their e-mail addresses to receive information about the phone when it is released.
On Topic: General
- Review: Neato Botvac Connected uses iPhone, Apple Watch and lasers for an effective clean
- Apple to co-sponsor 2017 Met Gala without co-chair position
- AT&T to buy Time Warner for $80B, deal announcement imminent - report [u: confirmed]
- This week on AI: Oct. 27 Mac event, new future for 'Apple Car' & more
- Mirai-based DDoS attack highlights benefits of Apple's secure HomeKit platform