AT&T receives 1 million inquiries on Apple iPhoneCingular Wireless, the mobile unit of AT&T Inc., has received around a million requests from customers who wish to receive additional information on Apple Inc.'s upcoming iPhone handset when it becomes available.
Cingular, which is undergoing a re-branding to the AT&T name, has signed on with Apple to be the exclusive wireless carrier for the iPhone when it goes on sale later this June.
"One million people have asked us to call when this phone is available," AT&T Chief Operating Officer Randall Stephenson said during a keynote speech at the CTIA wireless technology conference.
Neither Cingular nor Apple have begun taking pre-orders for the touch-based handset, but Cingular has set up a section on its Web site inviting visitors to leave their e-mail addresses to receive information about the phone when it is released.
On Topic: General
- Apple Camp 2015 enrollment begins with moviemaking, e-book creation workshops for kids
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Music royalty reversal, iPhone rumors, Confederate controversy & more
- AppleCare+ battery coverage more generous for iPhones, iPads, Apple Watch
- Apple searching for new public policy director to influence government
- Apple CEO Tim Cook celebrates Supreme Court decision on gay marriage with quote from Steve Jobs