Apple stokes iPhone anticipation with e-mail teaserApple Inc.'s eagerly sought iPhone device remains on track to launch this June, according to an email sent out by the company to mobile customers who signed up to received more information on the device.
"Talk to you soon," says the e-mail teaser, which was accompanied by a "hero shot" of the iPhone device itself on a black background.
"You'll be the first to hear the latest about iPhone coming this June," Apple wrote. "That gives you just enough time to think of ways to break the news to your current phone."
The mail arrives just as Apple's component manufacturers are due to begin delivery of materials for the phone's initial manufacturing ramp over in Taiwan. Reports last month indicated that part makers, including the phone's printed circuit board manufacturer, were to begin delivery in "early April."
Last week, AT&T Wireless announced that it had received over a million inquiries for additional information from customers who had signed up to receive more information on iPhone through its own website.
Apple has yet to commit to a precise launch date, though the most recent anecdotal evidence has circled around June 11th.
On Topic: General
- Apple's biggest Florida store coming to Brickell City Centre in Miami
- Belkin's ScreenCare+ Application System for iPhone launches at US Apple Stores
- Hackers trying to bribe Apple workers into handing over login information, report says
- Russia's new Internet czar vows to make Apple & Google pay more taxes
- Munster: Apple likely to fold VR into 'Made for iPhone' program within 2 years