It's official: third Manhattan Apple flagship to open Dec 7While Apple has yet to issue its routine press release, large acrylic bills posted near the site of the company's nearly complete flagship retail store on West 14th Street in Manhattan are announcing a grand opening on December 7.
The large store (1, 2, 3, 4) at the corner of 9th Avenue and 14th Street in the heart of the city's Meatpacking District will be spread over two levels connected by a spiral glass staircase, which is already installed (photo below).
Apple will occupy the highly-visible corner space in the store, with at least two other tenants taking up other spaces in the building. Like Apple's other stores on the island, the architecture at this location will be distinctive and won't include a stainless steel exterior. Rather, it will be mostly large framed windows and masonry.
The December 7th date was first reported by our friends over at ifoAppleStore earlier in the week. A big thanks also goes out AppleInsider reader, Eric, for snapping the below photo, and Curbed for the photo of the glass staircase (also below).
On Topic: Apple Retail
- Apple celebrates Earth Day with green retail store logos, App Store promos
- Second wave of online-only Apple Watch preorders rumored to start in Italy, other countries May 8
- Apple Watch won't be available in Apple's retail stores until June at the earliest
- Nearly all Apple Watch retail try-ons are resulting in preorders, Cowen says
- First look: Going hands-on with the Apple Watch at an Apple retail store