It's official: third Manhattan Apple flagship to open Dec 7While Apple has yet to issue its routine press release, large acrylic bills posted near the site of the company's nearly complete flagship retail store on West 14th Street in Manhattan are announcing a grand opening on December 7.
The large store (1, 2, 3, 4) at the corner of 9th Avenue and 14th Street in the heart of the city's Meatpacking District will be spread over two levels connected by a spiral glass staircase, which is already installed (photo below).
Apple will occupy the highly-visible corner space in the store, with at least two other tenants taking up other spaces in the building. Like Apple's other stores on the island, the architecture at this location will be distinctive and won't include a stainless steel exterior. Rather, it will be mostly large framed windows and masonry.
The December 7th date was first reported by our friends over at ifoAppleStore earlier in the week. A big thanks also goes out AppleInsider reader, Eric, for snapping the below photo, and Curbed for the photo of the glass staircase (also below).
On Topic: Apple Retail
- Apple could take over Dublin location for first Irish Apple Store
- Apple Watch Hermes now available from Apple & Hermes outlets in 17 more cities
- Apple Store logos go green, Apple's website promotes Liam the robot for Earth Day
- Tesla recruits prominent Apple Store leader to run its LA County showrooms
- Christy Turlington Burns, Apple's Jay Blahnik to talk Apple Watch & running at Boston Apple Store