Alleged engineering sketches show Apple's iPhone 5 with edge-to-edge screenNew pictures claimed to be "mold engineering drawings" of Apple's anticipated iPhone 5 shows the alleged next-generation handset with the same form factor as the iPhone 4, but with a slightly larger edge-to-edge display.
The images from iDealsChina are rumored to be used by engineers to create cases to sell for the iPhone 5. Of late, third-party cases for devices like the iPhone and iPad have offered hints at the design of unannounced products.
"A while back we [heard] rumors that [the] iPhone 5 would have a curved back," the site reads, "but these images show iPhone 5 with the same form factor as iPhone 4 but with an edge to edge screen."
The rest of the case shows the design of the alleged iPhone 5 largely unchanged from the iPhone 4. If accurate, that would dispel a recent rumor that Apple plans to ditch the glass back and opt for an aluminum backing.
The designs also support a separate rumor from the Far East that Apple will expand the screen size of its next-generation handset. While the iPhone 4 sports a 3.5-inch display with a resolution of 960 by 640 pixels, some designs have shown a potential 4-inch screen squeezed onto an iPhone with the same size.
On Topic: iPhone
- MLB At Bat comes to CarPlay, 1Password gets faster launch, numerous bugfixes
- Apple's iPhone 6s could add 12MP Sony camera with RGBW subpixels - report
- New book says BlackBerry ignored iPhone threat because it misunderstood market
- Apple's iPhone 5c helps man survive shotgun blast to the chest
- New AT&T policy may restrict Apple Stores from selling iPhone with two-year contract, reports say