Apple updates Thunderbolt software, Aperture and printer driversFollowing Wednesday's slew of software updates, Apple on Thursday issued a second Thunderbolt software update, alongside new HP and Epson printer drivers and a minor update to Aperture.
Thunderbolt Software Update 1.1
This update provides support for Apple's Thunderbolt Display and addresses bug fixes for Thunderbolt devices running Mac OS X Lion.
The download is 72.53MB and is exclusively for Macs running OS X Lion 10.7.2.
Apple's update for its pro-level photography editing tool resolves an issue that caused the program to quit unexpectedly on launch with Macs using Core Duo processors. It also addresses problems that caused the Crop tool to switch to an incorrect orientation or resize incorrectly and resolves rendering issues when cropping with Onscreen Proofing enabled.
Lastly, location menus are now displayed correctly on the map in the Places view when "Photos" is selected in the Library Inspector.
The download is 635.76 MB and requires either Mac OS X 10.6.8 or OS X Lion 10.7.2.
HP Printer Drivers v.2.8 OS X and Epson Printer Drivers v.2.9 OS X
The driver updates include the latest scanning and printing software for HP and Epson devices for Lion and Snow Leopard. HP's latest drivers weigh in at 514.55MB, while Epson's are 972.36MB. Both require either Mac OS X 10.6 or later, or OS X Lion.
Thursday's software updates come on the heels of EFI firmware updates for Thunderbolt Macs and minor changes to iPhoto and QuickTime for Windows released on Wednesday.
On Topic: Software
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14 for Mac with new tools
- Parallels Desktop 11 launches with support for El Capitan, Windows 10, Cortana and more
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 13 for Mac with new editing tools